• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Security policy update?

There is a workaround for the annoying notification until they fix the download. Long-pressing the notification allows you to view App Info and then you can force-stop the app. The notification won't bother you again until after a reboot.
Thanks tobyjuggler.
I read about the workaround on another forum earlier.
I did the force stop.....but the notification has just popped up again?
Grrrrrr:mad:

Upvote 0
Thanks tobyjuggler.
I read about the workaround on another forum earlier.
I did the force stop.....but the notification has just popped up again?
Grrrrrr:mad:
Yeah, mine has started to do the same too. And even more annoyingly I think it's eating up my battery. My battery died within eight hours yesterday wilst sitting in my bag. Today I have the phone on my desk and in a charger (albeit at only 600 mA/h), yet my battery is slowly losing charge. As I can't download this thing yet or keep the app closed that's going to bugger my phone up until I can.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the info on this, it's very much appreciated!!!

For now I've gone for Tobyjuggler's work round of the long press and force close, kicking myself that I hadn't tried that already! lol. Thanks man!!!

TheRobster, cheers for sharing that info, and lets hope it does get sorted!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones