Security

Last Updated:

1. Jpags

Jpags Active Member This Topic's Starter

After reading about the android not needing a task killer, since its linux based and it could make it worse, I got rid of it. Would this be true for security apps, such as firewalls and virus protection, are the really needed I could understand the one that helps find your phone. I have lookout installed and it says it does a virus check after an app is installed.

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

there is no need for an anti-virus program on an android phone, despite what some people say. there are very few android viruses out there now, and unless your d/l ing random files you find from untrusted sources on the net you ll be fine.

3. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

I agree, an actual antivirus program is unneeded - the best antivirus (and other unfun programs) is your common sense. There's an article I like [here] that goes through various permissions an app can have, what risks they are, and how to spot when something's amiss. I also recommend never auto-updating apps, and before each update, look through the Market comments to see if there are any complaints.

4. Jpags

Jpags Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thats what I figured I don't install untrusted sources I install after I read the comments on the market first and know what im installing. Thanks for the link also, I never bothered looking at the permissions it wants access to.

5. phonefiend

phonefiend Well-Known Member

I like the BlackBerry OS permissions model better where the user can deny specific permissions to each application.