1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Seeder entropy generator to provide significant lag reduction

1. Espionage724

Espionage724 New Member

It's a pretty hot topic on xda-developers currently and I think on Reddit, but just in-case you haven't seen it yet:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1987032

I tried it out on CTMod 3.75.2 Final and it seems to work fine. Not sure if the speed bonus I get is placebo or not though (I did just factory reset the phone, and didn't use it much prior to installing that fix).

Advertisement
    :
  2. Koumajutsu

Koumajutsu Well-Known Member

seems to work quite well, on all my stuff
  3. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

4. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

Well, I am trying the $1.49 app from the store...... Either it works or not.... Not much lost !!! ;)
  5. Lordvincent 90

First, the app in the thread on xda is free (the play store version is not)
    Secondly you have the option to install the files manually and/or in cwm. :p
  6. Roguefoxx

Roguefoxx Well-Known Member

I've been trying this out for a bit tonight and really haven't noticed any difference I don't believe. I'm running CTMod Final and it seems to be running just as it always has.
  7. johnny424

johnny424 Well-Known Member

very interesting
  8. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Well-Known Member

I still dont know what the crap this is. Lolz
  9. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

I turn on seeder and select on reboot, then reboot, but every time I open the app it is unchecked, it is off. I side loaded it because the CWM one wouldn't install. It has superuser permissions? Any Ideas?
  10. vce2005

I paid the buck 1.49 and got it from the store....; mine seems to stick through boot ! ;)
  11. Roguefoxx

Roguefoxx Well-Known Member

I downloaded mine for free from XDA and mine sticks through the boot as well, what's your point?
  12. Lordvincent 90

The GUI for the app is flawed. Its still on even if the app says it is off. (I have been following the main thread kinda closely... )
    Everything is leaning towards confirmation bias... or the app ramping up your clockspeed.

A bunch of people are still speculating as to what it does and how it works... I'm waiting for some kind of solid data to back it up. I had tried it on both my prevail and my n7, but i can't say definitively that it increased performance... so I removed it.

Also there is this:

:eek::eek::eek:
  13. vce2005

Hi LV,

the paid version of Seeder just gave me an update notification !! What's new :

" [FIXED] Seeder shows RNG daemon as "off", even while it is running on some devices "

EDIT : Did some Antutu Benchmark testing. Normally my Prevail always gets between 3350 and 3440..... Now with Seeder I am getting 3579 ! Also, video playback seems to work better on some videos !
  14. johnny424

johnny424 Well-Known Member

I read an additional article that says the process may effect battery quite a bit..anyone seen more drain?

I think it could stop the CPU from going into deep sleep as quickly as it likes to..also could possibly wake the CPU from deep sleep..and may cause the CPU to hang around higher frequencies..all of which would have a negative effect on battery life
    Riotpump likes this.
  15. vce2005

@Johnny.........

Well so far I have not seen any major battery issues..... Started my day with 100% full battery, went to work for 9 hours, made a few calls, texted and accessed TapaTalk a few times, came home and the battery was at 79%.......
    johnny424 likes this.
  16. arnandtara

arnandtara Well-Known Member

I am using cm7 on ej06. I installed this app last night, and around 10pm tonight my phone began force closing, lagging very bad, and I decided to remove app. My phone is finally running correctly again... Might just be my phone, but 13 hours of usage showed bad results for me
  17. Riotpump

Riotpump Well-Known Member

XDA-developers has posted additional information on their main site about this as well. They basically are taking a stance to not use this, and is near placebo with its effects. One of the Cyanogen mod devs acree explains further. Quoted from article "The only users of /dev/random are libcrypto (used for cryptographic operations like SSL connections, ssh key generation, and so on), wpa_supplicant/hostapd (to generate WEP/WPA keys while in AP mode), and the libraries that generate random partition IDs when you do an ext2/3/4 format. None of those 3 users are in the path of app execution, so feeding random from urandom does nothing except make random… well… less random". Entropy Seed Generator Not All It’s Hacked Up to Be – xda-developers
    johnny424 likes this.
  18. money15

money15 Well-Known Member

I recently tried it and definitely seemed to work on mine I shut it off and noticed some lag so I'm sticking with it....my antutu score without was 3800 and with it is 3840 so not too much difference but helped a little