Seeking Advice: Link App to SD or????General

Last Updated: 2011-06-22 07:17:20
  1. puffer

puffer Member

I tried partitioning the SD card on my optimus V for app installation. When using Link App 2 SD, I get an error message. "unable to mount". I also get an error when i try selecting FAT32. I tried partitioning my SD using a couple different apps but still no luck using link2SD. when i go to settings on my phone it shows that the 2Gig SD is only 1.15G total but still no link. I don't really know what i am doing. I am seeking advice on my options. Is the linking app to SD on my phone even an option? Is linking the right method or should i just move app to SD? I am rooted using super one click and using clockwork mod recovery if any of this matters. Any other advice on a rooted optimus V would be appreciated as well. Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

It's best to use Gparted with SD card via SD card reader.Linking is the best method. Froyo app2SD is not that effective .
    puffer likes this.
  3. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Here is a tutorial I wrote up for Link2SD.
    And I would suggest something larger than a 2gb uSD card for this. I have a 1.5gb partition for my 2nd partition off my 8gb card. I am looking to getting a 16 or 32 gb.
    puffer likes this.
  4. puffer

puffer Member

thanks a bunch guys working great now! What should i do next? Overclock? Rom? Kernal? let me know some cool things to do
  5. ajgates92

ajgates92 Well-Known Member

Personally, I just recently rooted my V and installed the "bumblebee" custom rom. If you need help with how to install it, just let me know. It comes overclocked to 768 (I think), the TWS (Time Without Signal) bug was fixed, and everything works on it. And it comes with the WiFi Hotspot in the settings already so you don't need an app for it.