• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seeking help with proper setup for droid x2 rooted

k1nk0s

Lurker
Aug 23, 2012
Hello, first time posting here and would greatly appreciate some help some help with my current dilemma.

So I have the Droid x2 and I have rooted it. The issues that I'm having ill list out.

1. I have put on a task manager where I am able to click and stop the process to free up memory. And that works for 5-20 seconds until all the applications start back up. How do I make it so they don't automatically restart after ending the process.

2. When I listen to Pandora it skips randomly to the next song. I am guessing its because the memory is full but I'm not to sure on that one. Any ideas?

3. Sometimes my analog back key doesn't work and in order to fix it you have to restart the phone or my somewhat easier solution is to turn airplane mode on then off to make the lock screen pop up. Hoping a fix was put there for this.

I'm at the point to take suggestions on exactly what to root your phone with (software) which would avoid any of these problems and is actually as fast as the specs apparently represent.

1. Remove task killer. Let Android manage memory on its own. Those apps restart because they should be running in the background in the first place. Android is not Windows. The more memory Android is using for apps in the background, the less battery is used and the faster it will load. Android is based on Linux which works that way.

Upvote 0
Hello, first time posting here and would greatly appreciate some help some help with my current dilemma.

So I have the Droid x2 and I have rooted it. The issues that I'm having ill list out.

1. I have put on a task manager

I'll stop there. Uninstall any task manager, never install another and see how many problems go away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones