Seeking information! Concerning a potential Android development class.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by nerdstaz, Oct 27, 2010.

1. nerdstaz

nerdstaz Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    A local college has decided it wants to start a program in mobile development. They explored Windows 7 mobile and iPhone and it just isn't what they are looking for. Android won the golden ticket, thanks to myself.

They just threw a catch in there for me =). They want me to find the blount of the information!

Would anyone happen to know who I can contact concerning some sort of contract on leasing of development phones for this class? The phones do not necessarily need a service, just a way to test development. The instructors and department leaders have said they would need around 20 devices for a small class. They don't imagine it would be larger than that for a new class.

So can someone point me in the right direction? I know everyone wants to breed more Android developers =P...something to feed our addictions !

Thanks!

I would appreciate any help I could get!

Advertisement
  2. LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Cellular Provider- Customer Service
    Vancouver
    Have you tried contacting google? Big companies usually love PR at schools like this. Just got to find the right person to talk to.

3. nerdstaz

nerdstaz Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    That's just it. I'm just a lonely student who has no idea who to contact. I tried looking around the Android pages but there is nothing other than information on groups to join for development.

4. LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Cellular Provider- Customer Service
    Vancouver
    Google's HQ #:
    +1 650-253-0000

I don't know who to directly call but I would phone and see if they have a PR department or Developement department they can direct you to.

EDIT:
    There's also a map here that shows where google has offices:
    http://www.google.ca/intl/en/corporate/address.html

And contact info for each office.

nerdstaz likes this.