• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Seemingly unable to root.

Lawlcat

Lurker
Jun 12, 2010
I've tried to follow the Idiot proof guide, but that doesn't work because unrevoked no longer works after the OTA.

I've tried to follow other web guides that has you place PC36IMG.zip into the root directory, hold volume down and power and boot to the HBoot thing. Well, that loads, it searches for and finds PC36, and starts to load from it through the blue progress bar. After the bar is finished, it waits a few seconds, then says "Main version is older! Update Fail! Do you want to reboot the device?"

And I can not find any other way to continue. The only options I've found to root are either do this with the P36 or unrevoked, which is now not working.

Help?

Got it!

After using the previously linked 4 step root thing, the failure was that it never pushed the .zip file to the SD card. I put it in manually, booted to fastloader and it updated.... well downgraded. Put it back to the 1.36 earlier version, which let me use the 3-step Simple Root Full 2. Worked like a charm.

Installed Fresh 0.5.3 and got everything working.

Now, besides wi-fi tether, there's nothing I really know to install or do with the phone lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones