Seems slowSupport

Last Updated:

1. ELBdelorean

ELBdelorean Member This Topic's Starter

I recently tested out the MT4G in a T-Mo kiosk at my mall and the phone seems a little laggy. I'm not sure if it was just me, but I also tested the G2 and it was much faster compared to the MT4G. This is seriously pushing me towards the G2 but if it was just a problem, can anyone tell me?

Advertisement
  2. gohausmachine

gohausmachine Well-Known Member

I dont know about you but my MT4G seems much faster than the G2 I played with. Also just a pointer the rep at the store told me that their display G2 had broken 4 times in one month. I bought my phone on the release day so the G2 had been out for about a month so yea.
    Another important thing to point out is that those display phones probably just get turned off at night. The MT4G has a fastboot meaning that when you just turn it off it's really going into standby. I have to actually reboot my phone every couple of days because my phone will start to get laggy. I don't believe the G2 has that feature so when they turn it off at night it is actually shutting down all the background apps where the fastboot mode does not allow that to happen on the MT4G.
    If you really want to experience good speeds on the display model you should just press down the power button and make it restart.
    Hope this helps

3. ELBdelorean

ELBdelorean Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, thank you. I'll try it out sometime soon and report back.

4. gohausmachine

Alright I look forward to hearing back from you

5. pleaseno

pleaseno Active Member

get an app killer?

6. gohausmachine

No, no, and no. It's been stated multiple times (in the forums and on phandroid.com) that app killers are not necessary on 2.2 devices. Also I never even found them very useful when I was using 1.6 on my old MyTouch. Android handles resources extremely well and while the idea of a task killer freeing up memory on your phone sounds good it's just not needed.

7. offthecha1n

offthecha1n Well-Known Member

I had same issue, got the g2 and loved it, I decided though I wanted the mt4g and it was sooo much slower and laggy, I did a temp root about 2 weeks ago and now its lightning fast so no complaints....g2 still looks better though