Seidio 1600mAh battery - who's running one?

Last Updated:

1. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone running the Seidio 1600mAh battery? Have you noticed a good improvement in battery life? Any other issues or erratic behavior?

cheers

Advertisement
  2. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

I'm using it but I've had issues with battery life and it's been hard to tell if the 1600mah is any better. If your one of those whose battery life seems good to begin with, I imagine you would notice a little improvement.

Honestly, I can only recommend it simply as a nice spare battery. It will be nice when Google releases that desktop dock with the spare battery charger.

At the end of the day I would say the 1600mah adds about 30-45 minutes of battery life, all else being equal. However, as always, your mileage may vary.:)

Beyond that I've had no issues with the battery. No strange behavior. It's at least as good as the stock battery. If your looking for a spare I would recommend. I wouldn't recommend for actually providing a significant increase in battery life. Increased battery life, yes. Significant, imo, no.

3. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

I, too, need to know this. I'm worried about the overheating issue. I never experienced this until last night. I was charging while playing tetris (I mean not-tetris, as described in the terms of use) and it got pretty hot.

The touchscreen didn't "burn" my fingers (in the third-degree sense) but it's like when you pick up a hot ceramic cup of coffee then put it down really fast because you didn't think it would be that hot and your fingers almost hurt but not really.

I might not be helping myself with that description but lets just say.. the touchscreen got HOT.