• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio 2800mAH Extended Battery

Wow, that's the most awkward battery cover I've ever seen.

Massive fail. That must feel great in your pocket. Nice, sharp corners to stab your legs. Add to that Seidio's history of inflating their battery numbers by 20% and you have what will likely only be 300 mAh better than the OEM extended battery, in trade for a massively awkward form factor. Gee, sign me up.

Upvote 0
2610953938_e592c7b561.jpg

Sign me up too, I hope we get free shipping.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don't understand why someone doesn't make a battery that protrudes an equal amount as the camera hump. You should be able to easily get a few hundred mAh or so over the OEM extended battery, make a pleasing camera door that would basically run straight down from the camera hump to the bottom of the battery, and then could be slanted/curved down. If they were smart, it'd be a flat-topped triangle, like this:

Code:
-------
\     /
 \___/

You don't gain anything from having these little troughs on the sides/top of the battery, and they look awful.

Upvote 0
I don't understand why someone doesn't make a battery that protrudes an equal amount as the camera hump. You should be able to easily get a few hundred mAh or so over the OEM extended battery, make a pleasing camera door that would basically run straight down from the camera hump to the bottom of the battery, and then could be slanted/curved down. If they were smart, it'd be a flat-topped triangle, like this:

Code:
-------
\     /
 \___/

You don't gain anything from having these little troughs on the sides/top of the battery, and they look awful.

I think if you look at the 2800 mah battery that's on Ebay, it pretty much is what you are looking for. You can't have the battery completely even with the rest of the phone, because of the microphone/speaker at the bottom back of the phone. It protrudes as much as the camera hump, which keeps the added thickness to a minimums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones