• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio 3500 extended battery

ABV

Jul 27, 2010
This battery is excellent. $54 Amazon, $19 for the innocase extended. Works with innocase holster, fits in innotraveler car dock, also sometimes use the extended rugged case that easily fits over the innocase exteded.

The Seidio battery last longer than the 2 ebay batteries I have.
The Seidio battery is physically bigger (thicker) the the ebay 3500s, which makes it fit better, correctly in the phone. The ebay ones are a little loose.
The Seidio cover is much more durable/better quality that the ebay one. Snaps on very tight, but never broke a clip yet. I broke a clip on the ebay back cover the first time I removed it.

So all in all, I think it was money very well spent. I swear it more than doubled my battery life. I don't know how, I know it is just twice the size, but I couldn't make it from 6:00 am to 1:00 pm on my stock battery, now I go a day and a half if needed.

That being said, I have read up on this a little bit, but still haven't solved my problem. It is true what they say about charging it in the phone not being as good as an external charger. If I charge it in the phone, it charges in about 1.5 hours, shows 100%, then take it off the charge and it drops that first 20% in less than an hour. After that it holds good, but I know that that top 20% just didn't get charged.

So I did like someone else said. After it was at 100% on the phone charger, I took the battery out and put it in and external charger, and sure enough, it charged for another good hour. When put back in the phone, it held that top 20% much as even as the rest of the charge, and this gives me the best battery life (the 1.5 day+ times).

Man, the battery and back are such a homerun, it is a shame the battery doesn't fully charge in the phone. I don't think it is a Seidio problem, but is there or can there ever be a fix or an app to correct in-phone charger.

Bottom line is that I really could not even worry about it and the battery will still last me a whole day easy which is what I wanted originally (I charge it every night anyway, only didn't a few times to see how long it would go). But it just aggravates me to know it is not getting a full charge. Anybody have any ideas or experience with this?

I've read elsewhere that after charging the Seidio battery fully the first time, to pull it off the charger for about 2 minutes, then rehook to charger again for awhile.
Do this over 3-4 charge/discharge cycles, and it "fools" the phone/battery/charger combo into the higher total charge for the battery.
Don't know myself if this works, but it wouldn't hurt to try it.......

Upvote 0
I've read elsewhere that after charging the Seidio battery fully the first time, to pull it off the charger for about 2 minutes, then rehook to charger again for awhile.
Do this over 3-4 charge/discharge cycles, and it "fools" the phone/battery/charger combo into the higher total charge for the battery.
Don't know myself if this works, but it wouldn't hurt to try it.......

Yeah, I tried that, it doesn't work for me. It immediately turns back to green. I've tried using it for a minute, plugging it back in, but it goes back to 100% in a few minutes and doesn't fully charge. But thanks, it might work for others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones