Seidio 3500 VS. Verizons 2150Accessories

Last Updated:

1. TheDanishDanger

TheDanishDanger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok everyone, tired of going thread to thread, so maybe lets combine it all here. I want it all, lol. What's the best buy with all factors thrown in such as "speculated" real battery capacity, history of battery products, price . . .etc. I'm sure there will be outweighing factors that suit everyone's desired needs, but lets try to narrow it all down. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

wouldn't expect many to have hands on seidio 3500 yet. That said so far a case for 2150 is not coming anytime soon(unless its DIY) seidio will be releasing an innocase for 3500 soon(not sure how soon though). So that is a factor in some peoples choice. Seidio seems to be the most bang for your buck though. Only time will tell how long each battery consistently lasts
    my $.02

3. TheDanishDanger

TheDanishDanger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I personally ordered the verizon 2150 so I can't wait to see the results. Won't have it until monday however. But am exited about what I've been hearing so far from this battery.

4. 5150Marley

5150Marley Well-Known Member

I have the 2150 and I am hoping someone makes a case for it.

Seems like Sedio doesnt want to make cases for it because it might compete with their 3500 accessories?

Hopefully someone steps up to the plate and makes one for my 2150...

I like my 2150 its just the right size for my needs... I am still trying to kill the battery in a day.

5. Ryobi

Ryobi Banned

I am seriously diggin the 2150. Now that I've had the battery for a week, it's been super, duper. Looks great too.

6. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

give me a hammer and i will kill it in a min.

i just ordered the 2150 battery too, along with high gross silicone case. i hope my razor blade/box cutter are going to cut through it and make a DIY extended case :)

7. TaylorPelletier

TaylorPelletier Active Member

does anyone know if the seidio 3500 will fit with the htc/verizon extended back? that way you could have a cheaper, higher capacity battery while still being able to dremel a case to fit it. best of both worlds

8. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Somebody said earlier that the 3500 increased the thickness of the phone by 72% which I calculate to be 8.7 mm or so...by my measurements the 2150 increases thickness by less than 5 mm...so I don't think it will work.

9. wcx86

wcx86 Well-Known Member

Lots of good feedback on the 2150 so far.

I plan on getting the 2150mah once a case is released. I'm a moderate-low end user so the 1300 works for me right now.

10. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I'm on day2 with the 2150 and here is what I'm sitting at with pretty mild use
    92% life left
    5hrs 36min Up Time
    1hr 18min awake time

I made a few calls, few texts, an email , web surfing and a little music
    This is with Mobile network & wifi turned on connected to wifi about 70% of the time, gps off and brightness on auto

Just thought I'd update before leaving work (today is my first actually "day" using the 2150
    89% left
    7hrs 6min up time
    1hr 43min awake time

11. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

I just got the 2150. Didn't know they don't have cases for them yet.

12. ChiTownJim

I just have a black vzw silicon case that I cut out the back of , works fantastic.

13. wcx86

wcx86 Well-Known Member

Can you link the case you have?

14. ChiTownJim

It's just the one that they offer in store for like $8.99. I just took a pairing knife and cut out the back of the case to fit the bulge of the new battery

15. captainplanet

captainplanet Member

The 2150 from Verizon has done wonders for my battery lifetime with this phone. On first charge, I got 23:57 of up/awake time. I was running AIM/Skype/Gtalk/Andchat, Goal.com, Mario live wallpaper, browsed the internet, downloaded apps, talked on the phone for about an hour, sent around 10 texts via handcent, have battery indicator running, wifi on, played pandora for a good 7 hours, and advanced task killer running.

I don't typically have all of those running, I just wanted to kill the battery. I can foresee getting about 2.5 days of actual realistic usage out of the phone now.

On a side note: is there an AIM application that doesn't keep your phone awake while it's running?

16. wcx86

wcx86 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

17. billybob275

billybob275 Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with eBuddy running on Powersave mode. If your phone's in sleep mode for a while, it just checks for new messages every 15 minutes, otherwise it will poll constantly like other IM clients.

18. dm33

dm33 Well-Known Member

I just received the HTC OEM 2150 battery. I'm very happy with it. Battery life seems really good.
    I had been most recently running a 1500mah battery from eBay. Interesting to note that on the batteries they list voltage, mah, and whr. Watt hour should be mah/1000 * voltage.

On the stock 1300mah battery, it lists voltage as 3.7v resulting in a whr of 4.81 whr. Numbers make sense.

But on the 1500 mah battery I got, it says whr of only 4.01. That seems to imply its only a 1100 mah battery, not 1500 mah.

The 2150 battery lists whr of 8. Comes out to 2149 mah. Again makes sense.

So it looks like I may have been ripped off on the ebay 1500 mah battery. It wasn't obviously better or worse than the stock 1300 mah.

If the Seidio battery lists a whr rating, I'd check it to see if it confirms a 3500 mah battery.

dguy likes this.
  19. DustinF00

DustinF00 Well-Known Member

This thread went through a bit - > http://androidforums.com/accessories-incredible/99219-1500mah-fake-real.html

20. AlexNC

AlexNC Well-Known Member

Post a pic dude! Didn't you already promise too =)
    I just ordered my 2150 battery and am planning to do the same thing with my black case. It would be nice to see a picture before starting to cut though.

21. ChiTownJim

I don't think i promised anything, ill try to snap a picture. Problem is my DI is my camera.

22. AlexNC

AlexNC Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks. Got any suggestions before I start the surgery?

23. ChiTownJim

Honestly I just grabbed a knife and went to town on it, the case basically has the outlines on it. I had to test fit and cut more out a few times to get it right. Really mine looks kinda sloppy. Ill probably make a new one. Use an exacto knife

sent from tapatalk using my BA Droid Incredible

24. ChiTownJim

Here's a pic, kinda hard to see since its black on black. I really like it

sent from tapatalk using my BA Droid Incredible

Attached Files:

25. dan h

dan h Well-Known Member

I have done it to a different case but if I can suggest anything I would suggest starting off with a smaller cut so that you can get a feel for the procedure and also test out which cutting object is more accurate. Plus going small first gives you room to fix mistakes while going wide might not be fixable.