Seidio 3500mAh Testing?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Czwakiel

Czwakiel Active Member This Topic's Starter

Do you guys know about any testing being done on the actual mAh rating for the Seidio 3500mAh battery?

Advertisement
  2. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

No but there is someone reviewing and updating about it

http://androidforums.com/accessories-incredible/118358-review-seidio-3500-pictures.html

sounds like it's blowing away any of the other batteries out there

I think the problem with Seidio 1750 is that it's virtually impossible to get that big of a cell in that small of a package where as the 3500 is much larger and is actually more legit. And they're only $49.99 on Amazon , much better then the $45-$70 people are paying for the 2150 from Verizon

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Too bad it doesn't fit under the Verizon backing...

4. Czwakiel

Right now I can't decide between the 2150 and the 3500. What's steering me toward the 2150 is the case mod done by drPheta. If something similar could be achieved with the 3500 for the Innocase Active, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

5. sabrewings

Oh, and where are you finding it for $50 on Amazon? I only see it for $63...

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for HTC Droid Incredible (Black): Cell Phones & Service

6. ChiTownJim

7. ChiTownJim

I think someone stated that it would fit under the 2150 and 2600 back cover

And I think DrPheta has said he could make a case for the Seidio 3500 back if you sent him the back.
    I also know that Bearly cut a silicon case to fit the Seidio Back as well.
    So you do still have protection options, it's only slightly diffrent of a back then the Verizon 2150

8. Czwakiel

Are there any pictures? I'm interested in seeing how it looks.

9. sabrewings

I thought Bearly did it for the 2150 back? Either way, pretty close. A dremel can go a long way... :)

10. ChiTownJim

He also cut a Fommy Silicone case to fit the 3500 it doesn't have any pictures but he makes that statments in his review post that I posted the link of above

He also stated the 3500 will fit in the 2600, I believe it would fit in the 2150 even though the 2600 is slightly larger. But that's just a hunch

11. madhattr

madhattr Member

I know they're not the clearest pics in the world, but my Incredible takes better pics than my digital camera. I hope these give you an idea of the 3500 battery with a black silicone case trimmed to fit around it. This was my first one I did. My wife's was cleaner than this one. I used a xacto knife on mine and used scissors on hers. The scissors worked much better. Hope it helps!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. DustinF00

DustinF00 Well-Known Member

If someone buys the battery I would test it and reimburse shipping to me....

13. Czwakiel

Very interesting. It doesn't look as bad compared to the pictures you see on Seidio's website and Amazon. The only thing I don't like is how a large amount of the side had to be cut out. Or at least it looks that way from those pictures.

I'm hoping a very similar result posted by drPheta with the 2150mAh can be achieved with the 3500mAh and the Innocase Active.

How does Amazon's return policy work exactly regarding electronics?

If I bought one and wasn't satisfied with the testing results, would I be able to return it?

14. Czwakiel

Just finished talking to a Seidio rep. Tried to extract some information regarding the new extended battery cases and the 3500mAh battery.

I asked them what the "Whr" rating was for their extended battery. They said they didn't have that information.

Does anyone know why it isn't listed on their batteries? There is nothing like that on my Seidio 1750mAh battery either.

15. simn22

simn22 Active Member

Dustin, I really hope someone pays attention to your posts so we can have this tested...

16. Goldenboi24k

Goldenboi24k Active Member

orrrrr, you can buy one yourself and return it in 30 days.

17. DustinF00

DustinF00 Well-Known Member

they are - they want me to do all the work - see below. :)

No thanks, I've already purchased and outlayed enough money - if anyone wants something tested - I can test it for you.

You buy the battery, which is whatever $10-$60 - I use the $350 battery tester and a week of nights setting up the battery tests...

Not sure why I would want to - or do - any more work than offer my help to the community.

Finally, considering, all of my information used on my blog and flickr account contains my real name - I would hope that this would help give you confidence that I would indeed return the battery for testing and then I've also stated i would pay to ship it it back and if you include a receipt for shipment (that identifies the box, tracking or whatever) I would pay you back.

But thanks for the comments...

slackfumasta likes this.
  18. funkpod

funkpod Well-Known Member

any testing on the 3500 yet?

19. TKB

TKB Member

I got mine Friday. So far it has been outstanding but haven't really measurable testing. But my phone has been very repeatable with the stock battery. I'm a very heavy user and I would be in the red by noon if I unplugged at 6:30 AM. My office has intermittent service which also makes it worse and I stream Pandora often.

As far as fit and finish I have no problems with it at all. I was worried about the size but just gives it a more solid feel. Only small issue I have is the camera. With the stock cover I was in the habit of wiping it off often. Now I can't do this as it's captured by the back cover. But the benefit is, this protects it from smudges.

It's true, it's tough to kill this thing. I wanted to get it as low as possible so I could put it through some full cycles. I ran it down to about 7% last night and did 2 bump charges this morning. It's been off the charger for 3 hours so far. I used the GPS/NAV on the way to work to find my way around traffic (45 min) and I've been listening to Pandora for about 1.5 hours. It's down to 96% so far.

Going to try and use it how I do normally and see what I can get out of it today.

20. jabbu

jabbu New Member

I love this 3500.

The bulk of it helps me text and hold the phone. I've dropped the phone before so many times due to how skinny it is. This 3500 shell allows me to grip something for a change.

Battery life is GREAT. I've had it off the charger for over 6 hours, made a couple calls, several texts and i'm at 96% w/ battery left widget.

It does add weight, but why someone would bitch about a few more ounces, who knows. I'm extremely pleased, my last battery was the 1750, which sometimes lasted the day. Now, i'm ending the day with 70-80% available. I could go 3-5 days without charging. Worth the $55 at amazon.com. No regrets.

21. DINC INC

DINC INC Member

I would make an educated guess that this battery is actually about 2800mah. I saw a test on Battery Boss where the Seidio 3500 for the Evo 4G tested out at 2821mah.

Although I dislike how Seidio completely overrates all of their batteries, their 3500... well 2800mah is still the most powerful battery on the market. I bought a HTC VZW 2150, but I'm probably going to return it and get the Seidio.

22. ChiTownJim

the 2150 makes no sense when the 3500 is slightly more and that back cover is so much nicer . Plus I've had both and the 3500 gives much more life

23. funkpod

funkpod Well-Known Member

do you think that the seidio battery will not last as long (like, long term wise) as the htc, because htc is "more" oem? like, will the oem battery last for, say 1 year and the seidio will konk out earlier?

btw, i am considering either the 2150 or the 3500 because i am training for a marathon. it took me about 1:20 to do 8 miles the other day, and my battery dropped like, 34% using gps plus sporty pal pro and music. so to do the full marathon and all the training, i'd need more battery than my 1500htc offers. i take it that the 2150 and the 3500 would provide me enough juice to last 3-4 hours.

24. ChiTownJim

I don't think there will be a problem with the Seidio not lasting . They put out a good product (even with the slight exageration of battery capacities) and have absolutly amazing custom service and support . Even if you had a problem they'd replace it within a year, no questions asked.
    You won't be sorry with the Seidio . I"m probably gonna sell mine and I have a black silicon case moded to fit the back I'd sell everything for $45 if you're interested . Also have a Verizon extended attery I'd sell for $35.. I'm getting the Fascinate so I'm going to sell off all my acessories

25. TKB

TKB Member

Still haven't plugged my phone in. Going on 28.5 hours. I've been watching alot of streaming video, texting, I have 3 email accounts that are polling often and it's still going. It says 10% left but we'll see what that really means. I plan on just letting it completely die to see how long it goes.

I think my results are even a bit skewed because in my office cell coverage is intermittent so that eats up more battery.