• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio Active Case - colors available on Amazon

Funny I should see this right now. My Burgundy Active X case just came in :). It's awesome. I love the look and feel of it. I was worried about the feel of the silicon because my friend has one very similar for that Ipooh crap and the silicon feels really cheap. Not on this one though! The Burgundy looks great and it goes along with my school colors rather nicely. :) would definitely recommend this case to anyone and everyone. it's a steal for 25 dollars considering this is how much my rocketfish one was and that had little to no protection.

Upvote 0
What the difference between the active and rugged?

Thanks!
i want to know the difference too
smile.gif

Upvote 0
Active case has a silicon layer, then a spine that sits on top of it - so you get the thick silicon protection to cushion falls, and the hard spine to give it support, protect the corners, and make it easy to slip in and out of your pocket. seidioonline.com

The rugged case takes the base layer of an Innocase (hard case), adds a silicon case over that, and a spine over that. It's like an Innocase and an active case. Basically, you can launch it from a rocket and it will be protected. It also has covers for the ports and camera so that they are water resiliant (not water proof). It adds considerable girth to the phone. With this combo, you can choose to use the Innocase for every day use, and add the Rugged case for when you are, I don't know, jack-hammering your driveway. seidioonline.com

FWIW - I love the active case and feel like my phone is very protected. Only gripe - the volume and camera buttons are hard to find, and the camera button is nearly impossible to activate without shaking the camera (because you have to push so hard) and so you have to activate the shutter by pressing the on-screen icon. A bit of a pain, but not a deal-breaker for me.

Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0
FWIW - I love the active case and feel like my phone is very protected. Only gripe - the volume and camera buttons are hard to find, and the camera button is nearly impossible to activate without shaking the camera (because you have to push so hard) and so you have to activate the shutter by pressing the on-screen icon. A bit of a pain, but not a deal-breaker for me.

My buttons used to be the same way but I've had the case for about 3 weeks now and I can use my camera and volume buttons like I did without a case.

Overall I think it's one of the better cases out there. I did cut the little silicone piece away that falls over the motorola logo on top of the phone. It changed nothing in how the case works but now I don't hit it with my finger when trying to drop down the notification bar. It is a bit of a pain to put it on and take it off to use my media player but unlike my bodyglove case it shouldn't break because of it.

Reactions: gadgetmom88
Upvote 0
Active case has a silicon layer, then a spine that sits on top of it - so you get the thick silicon protection to cushion falls, and the hard spine to give it support, protect the corners, and make it easy to slip in and out of your pocket. seidioonline.com

The rugged case takes the base layer of an Innocase (hard case), adds a silicon case over that, and a spine over that. It's like an Innocase and an active case. Basically, you can launch it from a rocket and it will be protected. It also has covers for the ports and camera so that they are water resiliant (not water proof). It adds considerable girth to the phone. With this combo, you can choose to use the Innocase for every day use, and add the Rugged case for when you are, I don't know, jack-hammering your driveway. seidioonline.com

Thank you very much for the information. I'm not sure that I will like the case if button access is kind of restrictive.

Guess I will wait and see what Otterbox has to offer when they finally come out.

Upvote 0
The weird thing is the ones from Amazon look completely different than the ones on the seidio website. The amazon ones looks all rugged, while the seidio website one looks a lot smoother and more refined.

There is an innocase active and an innocase active x. The one without the X is the more sleek and refined one and doesn't provide as much support as the innocase X. The innocase X is the one with the hard skeletal backing that can come in different colors. I got maroon and it looks awesome.

Upvote 0
There is an innocase active and an innocase active x. The one without the X is the more sleek and refined one and doesn't provide as much support as the innocase X.

I'm curious why you say the "Active X" is more protective? They both have hard skeletal backings but they just fit slightly different onto the phone. One is more like the rugged and the other is more refined looking. They're both supposed to come in different colors but the "Active" isn't currently available in anything but black. Also, the "Active X" is only available through Amazon from what I understand.

Upvote 0
I too have the maroon 'Active X' case available on Amazon and it's a top notch case in all catagories IMO. I've never had any problem accessing any of my buttons. The only thing I had to do was alter the corner where the lanyard strap goes since I do use a lanyard and there was no access for the cord. It was easy enough though, I simply cut a slit along the seam in the silicon portion of the case and used a dremel to cut a small channel in the bottom of the spine that covers the lanyard strap.

It all works perfectly well. It fits with the extended battery door in place. But I removed the door anyway because with this case on, the battery certainly isn't going anywhere, and it's one less thing I have to worry about if/when I need to do a battery pull or change out batteries. I love the look of the maroon spine against the black silicon. I wouldn't mind a few other options though, like blue, or white. That would be awesome if they allowed you to purchase different color spines... maybe even a pack of 3 different ones for like $30 bucks so you could have several colors to swap out whenever you feel like it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones