1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Seidio Active Case for Note 2Tips

1. reginald_1986

reginald_1986 Member

Hi all!

I am looking forward to buy a Seidio Active case (combo) but having some serious thoughts with it. Here's what I think and read:

Magnet issue
    On my samsung manual, it does say that avoid putting to close magnetic field as it will affect the phone, S pen and battery. However, I read in this forum where some of the users said s pen is no affected due to the fact the magnetic field is small etc. However, since the magnetic thingy is at the back, does it affect the battery at any chance?

I know (and I am terribly sorry) for being very 'afraid' but I don't want my baby (GN2) to have any effect with the case. The case looks great but I just want to know what you guys think.

Please share with me guys :)

Cheers!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Elantric

Elantric Well-Known Member

reginald_1986 likes this.
  3. reginald_1986

reginald_1986 Member

4. Elantric

I doubt it will make any impact

(I will take delivery of this case tomorrow)
  5. UKlockster

UKlockster New Member

If its anything like the blackberry system I have had from Seidio then it is there to make the phone sleep when it's in the holder and therefore should help preserve the battery life. I have had several of these cases before and love them although I am very rough with them and they can break.
    You can remove the battery if you like but it means cutting the case liner and levering it off it's glued mount. Hope this helps
  6. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Well-Known Member

We've tested our magnetic kickstand cases and they do not interfere with any of the devices!
  7. reginald_1986

reginald_1986 Member

Guys appreciate all the replies :)
  8. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Well-Known Member

I would love to see the surface case without the kickstand.
  9. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I can back this from experience. I used my case with the same magnetic kick stand every day since February when I got mine and everything still works great.

I would prefer a smaller kickstand though like the Evo LTE that works for portrait and landscape, but that's a whole nother conversation.
  10. Elantric

I just got my Seidio Active Case + holster for Note 2
    Wonderful product - MUCH less bulky than the Otterbox
    I feel the Active Case is designed very well and provides necessary corner protection, to prevent shattered glass
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...-i-start-new-club-gn2-broken-screen-club.html

The rear kick stand on the Active case is brilliant, and sets it apart from much of the competition.
    Makes it easy to view videos anywhere.

and the Seidio Active Holster is built very well - very nice robust lever on the top that securely holds the Galaxy Note in the holster.
    The whole affair attaches on your belt, and feels more secure to me than my last otterbox defender iPhone 4 holster - that I never used due to being awkward.

I give the Seidio Active + Holster high marks

(Iphone 4 used as camera)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    rom8v38and39 and MISS DIVA like this.
  11. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Well-Known Member

Photos please:D
  12. h1r0ll3r

h1r0ll3r Well-Known Member

I wound up returning this case. The overall build quality of the case seemed very cheap to me. I got the Active case and the silicone liner case was very flimsy IMO, almost like a wet noodle. Seemed very thin and wouldn't do much more than preventing scratches. The hard plastic support thing was also very flimsy as well. Very thin and didn't quite fit properly on the phone and didn't align well with the silicone liner. Overall, it just seemed very cheap. It also had a powdery feel to it so it wasn't grippy at all. I've been a big fan of Seidio cases previously with my iPhone but they seemed to have missed the mark on this case. I realize they wanted to keep the case as thin as possible since the Note 2 is such a big phone however, they seemed to have skimped a little in terms of protection.

Currently I'm using the official Note 2 case from Samsung and really like that case. Seems to be a great combination of form and protection.
  13. Elantric

Everyone has different needs.

The Seidio Active reminds me a bit of my old Incipio case for my iPhone 3G,

https://www.incipio.com/cases/iphon...rylic-hard-shell-case-with-silicone-core.html

and the Active shares this design philosophy

"Hybrid design - a shock-absorbing silicone (rubber) skin encased in a hard polycarbonate exterior shell
    High-density silicone (rubber) skin provides excellent shock-absorbing protection against accidental drops"

I also have the factory Samsung hardshell case.

Galaxy Note

But as a design engineer myself. I understand the importance of using a case that provides shock absorption on the corners during a fall.

I typically accidentally drop my phone once a month - so a true shock absorbing case is a must for me.

By contrast, Hard shell cases directly transfer the blow to the phone and, we all know what that can do:
    [​IMG]
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...-i-start-new-club-gn2-broken-screen-club.html

Not interested in paying $298 for a replacement screen - if i can prevent it.
    http://www.parts4repair.com/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-n7100-complete-screen-assembly-with-bezel-black/

I will add the Seidio Active Case has that rear "kickstand" that can double duty as an aid in one handed holding the device

[​IMG]