Seidio Active Case...Accessories

Last Updated:

1. joelkirzner

joelkirzner Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey fellow Evoers,
    I just received the newer Seidio Active Case yesterday, NOT the Active Limited Edition, and i'm pretty disappointed.

Seidio Innocase Active for HTC EVO 4G, Black - HTC EVO 4G Protector Cases

I have to say off the bat that I'm returning this case for several reasons:

1) The 2 pieces do not fit well together. The silicon/rubbery portion and the harder outer shell case have major gaps between them on all 4 corners.

2) The silicon/rubber layer barely covers the edge of the evo; in fact, you can see the edge of the glass when the case is on.

3) The silicon/rubber layer is not raised high enough above the phone's edges on the front. It's also not even from one side of the phone to the other--the right side is raised up slightly higher than the left.

4) The power button and volume buttons are covered with the case and are not easy to depress. The power button is by far the most annoying aspect of the case. You really have to hit it hard for the button to register and it's often a crapshoot whether it will go on or not. Because I have the phone go to sleep every 2 minutes, I hit the power button a lot and there's no way I'm going to burden myself with this.

I waited for this case to come out after reading all the negative reviews about the original innocase and its poor design. I don't know, I feel that Seidio really dropped the ball this time with the Evo cases. I used to have a blackberry curve seidio case and I loved it. It had a simple front and back snap together design.

I decided to purchase the Body Glove 9145301:
    Body Glove Snap-On Cover for HTC EVO 4G

It's similar to the Sprint sold version, but it has a different finish/style. I'm hoping it's not plagued by the cracking issue at the volume control area that the sprint one has. I like how the power and volume buttons are cut out on this model.

Anyone else have the Seidio Active Case and want to chime in?

Advertisement
    Lindseybp and XOS THW like this.
  2. JZR

JZR New Member

After returning the original Innocase II and the revised, rubber-coated Innocase II because of the well-publicized problems, I ordered the Innocase Active. After using the case for a couple of days, I'd agree with points 1 and 4. I don't seem to have the problems that you're describing in 2 and 3. To help with 4, I folded up a piece of paper and placed it under the power button cover, and that seems to work. I may end up putting a bead of silicone or something in the power button depression. I contemplated returning this product as well, but don't want to go through the hassle. The case may not look great, but at least it seems like it will protect my Evo.

I'm ultimately very disappointed with the build quality of Seidio products. I've never used their products before, and don't imagine I will again. The one saving grace of this whole experience is that Seidio's support has been great so far.

3. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

I only got it because the otterbox has not come out yet. Not to thrilled with this one

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Moved to Accessory Subforum.

5. joelkirzner

joelkirzner Active Member This Topic's Starter

The paper insertion seems to work. I cut 2 tiny strips of post it notes with the sticky portion and doubled them up on eachother.

FestoKGB likes this.
  6. jds4000

jds4000 Well-Known Member

Mine is perfect. No complaints, no flaws.

7. BobFromAccounting

BobFromAccounting Member

I agree with 1 (but it's not like the hard shell will fall off either), and 4 (but only on the power button - the volume keys work great). 2 & 3 I completely disagree with. The rubber most definitely covers the Evo on all sides and raises the glass off of anything you put it on that's flat.

I feel that the case will easily protect against a fall (assuming the phone lands on the case and not the glass via something sticking up off of the floor). And it looks good to boot.

Now to find something tiny to place above the power button so I can hit it easier...

Oh yeah - the burgundy version is the one I grabbed.
    Innocase Active For use with HTC EVO 4G - Burgundy

8. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

Sweet Georgia Brown! That helped immensely!

You receive the Official EVO Hero Of The Day