Seidio Batteries Ship 1/10!General

Last Updated:

1. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I don't know where the thread went, but I know we where all pissed off a out only getting a 1500mAh battery, but according to Seidio its a 1750mAh, which is a huge update from a 1300mAh, me thinks.

Not that I've figured out how to get 12 hours out of my Eris Moderate-Heavy use, but this should only make things better. I think the 3500mAh is a bit ridiculous.

Let this be the thread to discuss these add on batteries, and either their positive or negative effects on your life.

Assuming that the Nexus One or anything like it is not coming to VZ anytime soon, I'm happily ordering one of these and ready to roll on with my Eris :)

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/basi17hhrv.htm

Advertisement
  2. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Have we found out for certain if it fits with the OEM battery door?

3. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

"This Innocell Extended Life Battery is designed for the customer who needs extra life, but doesn't want to add any thickness to their device. This model fits in your device's existing battery space and doesn't require a replacement door, which makes it a perfect replacement for your original battery."

4. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Awesome!!! I've been wondering when this was gonna be released. Thanks for the heads up :D

5. onion

onion Banned

$50 + shipping....LOLz. Ill pass.

6. J.C.Sugrue

J.C.Sugrue Member

Holy crap! That's more than the phone cost me.

7. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

ebay..:)

8. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

9. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

10. JimmyHat

JimmyHat Well-Known Member

As a general rule, I don't like preorders. However, with the majority of the Eris install base complaining about battery life, I think this is an exception if you want to get one right away.

11. OXM_Chase

OXM_Chase Well-Known Member

How much life does the 1750mAh extend the original 1300mAh battery? I'd love the 3500mAh if it didn't turn my phone obese

12. Evil Sports

Evil Sports Well-Known Member

Waiting for reviews from users here

13. mimmic

mimmic Well-Known Member

I just ordered one this morning. (the 1750). I'll be sure to post my thoughts on it once I receive it. I'll even try to take a few pictures to show the size comparison and the back plate issues that one user has mentioned.

14. OXM_Chase

OXM_Chase Well-Known Member

What issues? It should fit perfectly. The user might've purchased the Hero battery, forcing the sides of the cover to not close all the way. Just a thought though.

15. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I definitely bought the Eris 1750 battery, and it's just thick enough that it initially kept the cover from closing on the left hand side, near the volume buttons. After putting it into my snap-together hard case, however, the pressure seems to be holding it closed even there.

It's a very, very minor issue, but worth noting perhaps if you carry it in your pocket without a case.

16. bagged00

bagged00 Well-Known Member

when did you get the 1750?? i thought they were just recently released? have you noticed a big difference in batt life?

17. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It came in the mail yesterday. I powered off the phone and did an 8 hour charge overnight (their recommendation.)

It is now 6:35 pm, and it has been powered on for just over 12 hours. The battery is at 63%, and I have used it much more today than I've used it in the last few days. With the stock battery I needed to charge it at some point in the day to avoid losing charge completely by the end of the day - I used to put it in the charger when I was eating dinner.

Today is only one day, but I am very pleased so far.

18. Demos16

Demos16 Active Member

I would be curious to see what kind of improvements there are as well. Hopefully someone posts here relatively soon with their thoughts on the battery.

19. phonesex

phonesex Member

I too have the battery. I just received it today and am currently charging so no stats on power usage for a few days. I can confirm this battery is slightly thicker than stock and in turn makes the battery cover "stretch". It still snaps in place as it should but there are gaps on both the left and right side. I keep my phone in my pocket and don't use a case. I'm not worried with how it looks visually but am worried about dust entering the phone.

Still pondering a return.

20. DDustiNN

So this battery isn't the same size as the stock battery? I was interested in it, but I don't want it if it won't let my phone snap closed the way it was meant to. I don't use a case because I feel they completely ruin the amazing form factor.

Even on the site they said it would be the same size. How disappointing and misleading... :mad:

21. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Not quite; the site says that the battery fits in the existing space and does not require a new back cover. When I first installed it, it seemed as if the back cover would not snap closed completely, but that is not the case. It does snap closed.

The photos are not all that great, but I have some comparison photos at androidcentral.com (excuse me for pointing to another forum, but I don't feel like adding the same post here) :

seidio batteries for eris - Page 2 - Android Central Forums

22. OLD_gUY

OLD_gUY Well-Known Member

Good fit with no case closing probs

23. DDustiNN

Hmm, so no gaps as a previous poster mentioned then? Whew! :)

24. condog

condog Well-Known Member

i just got mine and the middle snaps wont snap on my back cover. i have it in a case so its not a big deal. this battery is thicker than the original battery just fyi.

25. DDustiNN

:(