Seidio battery vs Double pack bat?General

Last Updated:

1. SFBayArea

SFBayArea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I see many people buying Seidio 1750 battery, which is supposed to hold a little more juice than stock 1500 battery. I understand that even a little juice addition counts, but since most of the people need extended battery for long trips why not buy a double pack of batteries from ebay for less than $15 and have 3 batteries (including your stock one) on hand, and increase your phone working capabilities threefold. Afterall, how much more juice can additional 250mAh can give you - another hour of work?
    I am not associated with any ebay merchants, I am just trying to understand the reason behind purchasing only 250mAh for $50 while you can have three batteries for $15?

Advertisement
  2. Az Scooter

Az Scooter Well-Known Member

Assured quality is important to most people. There are some things that I will buy for my phone off Ebay, batteries are not one of them.

3. brent_strong

brent_strong Well-Known Member

Stock battery is 1300.

4. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

3 batteries for 15? What kind? How old? What is the vendor rating?

i.e. What in the world are you talking about?

5. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

i may be wrong (can't look it up at the moment) but i believe the stock battery is 1300 so the 1750 is a 450mah bigger or a little over 30% bigger for $50. i don't have one i am still on the oem battery. but i am considering the 1750 for the reason 30% would get me over that hump near the end of the day when i am down to 20% battery. i also like the idea of not having to physically switch batteries when all i am missing on my heavy usage days is about a 20% gain.

however i do go through times of heavy travel for work and when i do i would like to have multiple batteries so i can see going either way. on a normal day though i don't want to swap out batteries but when i travel i don't want to have to hunt a power plug constantly. now that you got me thinking about it and the fact my wife has an eris (same battery size as incredible) i am thinking maybe i need to do both, get the 1750 for daily use and a couple of extras for travel.

6. czm2000

czm2000 Well-Known Member

The stock battery is 1300.

7. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

Agreed, my primary need is more juice for daily use, for which I don't want to carry around another battery, and it's a bit of a pain to swap on the DI, plus a mandatory reboot. So I got the 1750, mainly because the OEM 2150 is not out yet.

Might buy some cheapos off of eBay for future travel though.