1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

SEIDIO Case ReviewsTips

1. srvdt67

srvdt67 New Member

I got this case as a review case from Seidio a great company BTW!

The CONVERT Combo works great on my EVO 3D! The inner SURFACE case slips on very easy and comes apart just as easy. It is very comfortable and attractive.

The SURFACE case by itself is very good protection.

The CONVERT
    jamaicabeaches and Rose4uKy like this.
  2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

There is already a thread on this
  3. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Well-Known Member

I saw that case and it is really nice and protects the phone well. I love the holster that came with it and now I kind of want a holster with my Active case. But Seidio products are really good. I just want that dock already like I had for my EVO 4G that fit the phone with the case on it. I think this person was just posting another review. Seidio gave several people cases for review I posted one on the Innocase Active.

4. ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing too. That thing is as big as a tablet device with all that artillery protecting it. Probably weighs twice as much as the phone itself.
  5. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 Well-Known Member

Yea, it is pretty hefty with the Active case on. But when you think about it, you have the plastic exoskeleton on the outside, w/ a rubber case on the inside, and then inside that you have the Seidio Surface case which has a hard exterior and a soft felt type material interior. That's 4 layers of protection over the phone lol!

It makes the phone a tank, but it does very well in protecting your device, unless you drop your phone screen first onto a sharp rock or something.
  6. Rose4uKy

I'm sure it really protects your phone but it can also be used just with the surface case too. My friend loves his and said if he was to drop his phone he wouldn't be too worried about it being so protected. But I didn't know the belt clip could be used as a kickstand.

7. ProfeZZor X

If everyone is worried about dropping their phones. maybe someone should design a case with a 2 1/2 foot retractable cord to it, which would be attached to a belt clip. Long enough to extend for functional usage, but falls short of hitting the ground... Problem solved.
  8. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 Well-Known Member

Great idea, maybe you should make one :)
    ProfeZZor X likes this.
  9. ProfeZZor X

Patten Pending...You heard it here first ladies and gentlemen. :)
  10. Emmexx

Emmexx Well-Known Member

I've got a chain with a carabiner at both ends. I hooked a wire-string to the bottom of the phone that is attached to a small metal circle like you find on some keychains. One caribiner attached to a belt loop and one to the circle and the phone only falls to the end of the chain if dropped instead of the floor.
  11. Matty Mo

Matty Mo Well-Known Member

So when I first received the new Seidio Convert Case, I was pretty excited. I thought it couldnt get any better then the Active case Seidio makes but I was wrong, dead wrong. The Convert case is practically two cases in one. It
  12. Matty Mo

Here Are Some Pics:

Attached Files:

jamaicabeaches likes this.
  13. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

How much is the case?
  14. Matty Mo

The Convert Combo with the case and holster retails for $69.99, and if you want the case only and hold off on the holster, it would cost $49.99.
    mak916 likes this.
  15. Rose4uKy

My friend got one from Seidio to review and he loves it! He got the whole everything with the holster and all. Makes me want a holster for my Active Case.

16. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

Come on man $70! This is what Im talking about with Seidio. They make nice "looking" products, but they rape the consumer like a multi-million dollar conglomerate. I mean comparably the otterbox and ballistic cases are $50 and trident only charges $35. I mean WTF!? The last seidio I bought was an innocase for my iphone 3g. A few months in, one of the tabs broke and sedio told me, that they would only replace it, if I paid the money for return shipping the broken case, and after they received it, they would ship out the new case. Shouldnt my 60% mark up of the competitions prices cover the shipping on a defective piece of plastic not to mention the fact that now I would be without a case for atleast 2 weeks. Any how, Im just saying, I feel Seidio is wayyyyy overpriced.
    ceabbott2 likes this.
  17. b_saan

b_saan New Member

It's $40.89 from Amazon for the combo and $49.04 for the value kit, I wouldn't call that overpriced, nobody pays MSRP direct from the manufacturer. ;)

I got an Active for my 3D though, $22 from Amazon. It's perfect for me and I'd say the best Scr Prot I've ever used (better then my wifes SGP Steinheil on her Nexus S), got it on with 0 bubbles or dust particles... woo
    jamaicabeaches likes this.
  18. scotth501

scotth501 Active Member

That stinks, I just got mine for $23.50 last week from Amazon. It was also the retail packaging, but mine did not include and the site does not reference a screen protector. Do you have any more details on that?

Oh, btw, I love the case too.
  19. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

I just got a Surface case with the kickstand. I'm impressed with how well the kickstand performs. It's decently thick and placed in a very good location in the back. At first I thought the rounded off kickstand would prevent me from using it in portrait mode (vertical). But the kickstand performs well here. Due to it's thickness, it's very stable in portrait. So, of course, it works well in the landscape (horizontal) position. The only disadvantage that I see of this kickstand version, compared to the Surface case without a kickstand, is that when you lay it flat, it is slightly tilted. Even when folded back in, the mount for the kickstand does protrude. It is a very minor tilt, but it is noticeable.

Overall, though, the case is a very slim case. It has a soft feel that doesn't detract from grip. All the cut outs for the buttons and MHL port are beveled nicely. The case fits snuggly. It can be removed easily, but not so easily that I worry that it may fall off on it's own. It holds on to the phone securely. The camera is slightly recessed into the case, to offer it some scratch protection. The case does not block the red trim around the camera and does not block the speaker port. All of the buttons are slightly recessed, too, to prevent accidental pushing and prevents the camera button from snagging anything. Overall, if you want a slim case with a kickstand that looks nice, doesn't look cheap, and feels good in your hand, this is the case. Very little bulk with a good balance between protection and access to the phones features.
  20. Reveille

Reveille Active Member

How did you get case? Says coming soon still on website. Glad to hear that it lives up to the expectations.
  21. jerofld

The black version is shipping, the other 3 are not.
  22. Gearhead_eng

Gearhead_eng Well-Known Member

I received my black Surface w/ Kickstand & Holster on Monday. Works great... the kickstand is a bit hard to snap out a first but it'll get easier.

The fitment of Seidio cases are second to none. Doesn't add alot of bulk to the phone and it keeps the Camera Lens off the table.
  23. jerofld

I had that problem with the kickstand, too. I just shaved down the little tabs slightly with a file on some nail clippers I had. Just one or two runs over it should be all it needs.
  24. spridell

spridell Well-Known Member

Got the Surface Kickstand case also and I love it. I have gone through like 5 cases and this is the one I will be keeping.

It is the same thickness as the Surface case WITHOUT kickstand. The fit is excellent. Fits better then the Best Buy Platinum case.

Kickstand is very solid. When you open it make sure u click it back fully until you hear the click.

Definetly a great slim case with kickstand.
  25. ProfeZZor X

Got my Seidio extended battery (4000mah) and matching case yesterday. And now that it's had all night to charge, and I have the day off today, I plan on putting it to the test to see how long I can use and abuse it before the battery gives out... I'm thinking a few hours of Angry Bird, Let's Golf 2, Avatar 3D, and several other apps to keep me continuously entertained for hours on end.