• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio Innocase Active Case for HTC EVO 4G - Limited Edition

pingpongboss said:
Hmm doubt it since it's slightly thicker than the Innocase II Surface.

Hello,

Yes the case will work with our Innodock Jr, found here:

Innodock Jr. Desktop Cradle, Black for use with HTC EVO 4G

misterspiffy said:
Probably a stupid question but does this case cover the screen as well or do you need to get a screen protector for that?

The case itself does not come with a screen protector, you can use your existing one or purchase a new one from Amazon!

Amazon.com: Seidio Ultimate Screen Protector for HTC EVO 4G, 2 Pack (Crystal…

Regards,

Upvote 0
I'd like to know if it'll work with the innocase holster? In fact, will it work with the holster that I got with the platinum series case from best buy? They're made by Seidio and the holster seems identical to the innocase holster...

I was on seidio's website on the chat after I found out about this case and the lady there told me that there isn't currently a holster to fit this case. :mad:

Upvote 0
RoboMonkey said:
Does it come in red or white?

Hello,

Currently, the Innocase Active Limited Edition will come in a black on black color choice only.

rzenger said:
I was on seidio's website on the chat after I found out about this case and the lady there told me that there isn't currently a holster to fit this case. :mad:

Unfortunately, the current Innocase Holster will NOT fit the Innocase Active Limited Edition. We are looking into holster development and will update you guys as well as our Twitter & Facebook fans.

Upvote 0
email i just received from Amazon.com said:
We are writing about the order you placed on June 08 2010 (Order# xxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxxx). The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected:

"Seidio Innocase Active Case for HTC EVO 4G - Limited Edition"
Previous estimated arrival date: July 01 2010

New estimated arrival date: June 17 2010

holllerrrrr

Upvote 0
I received my Seidio Case today, about 14 days early too.
I really like it. It covers the phone really well, and doesn't add that much to the thickness of the phone.

I had been using the Body Glove case since I picked up my Evo. I liked it, but it was too hard, so I decided to just use it to protect the phone until I could find something else. Thats when I found this post and pre-ordered one of these cases.

6fno1y.jpg

i5y6g7.jpg

4i0vh1.jpg

2aaj60h.jpg

The silicon part of the case without the plastic piece...
2hfrwux.jpg

I didn't get the bottom left corner pushed up all the way....it does fit better than it shows here.
rj42rt.jpg

rwuut0.jpg

Micro USB and HDMI ports are easily accessible..
211s0pc.jpg

This is what is going to take the most getting use to, the power button. It does work, it just has to be pushed harder than I'm use to...
2ymj09y.jpg

Volume buttons are just the same as the power button.
107nyft.jpg

Overall, I really like this case. It has a great feel and will not easily slip out of your hand.

If you like to put the phone in your pocket, you may not like it because it has a rubberized finish and will probably stick to your pocket liners a little bit, it doesn't slid in and out of my pockets nearly as well as the Body Glove case.

Upvote 0
Got this case last week. Agreed on the buttons, but already used to it and it doesn't bother me now. More notably, I got the case last Thursday, put it on, and went for a bike ride. Long story short, the phone literally flew off of my bike, went probably 6 feet up and 10 feet forward (I was hauling ass down a levee, yes it was dumb, and I screamed like a little girl), then bounced off the street a couple of times. Innocase had a little scratch on one corner, phone is fine. I was blown away. Thank you seidio.

Upvote 0
Got this case last week. Agreed on the buttons, but already used to it and it doesn't bother me now. More notably, I got the case last Thursday, put it on, and went for a bike ride. Long story short, the phone literally flew off of my bike, went probably 6 feet up and 10 feet forward (I was hauling ass down a levee, yes it was dumb, and I screamed like a little girl), then bounced off the street a couple of times. Innocase had a little scratch on one corner, phone is fine. I was blown away. Thank you seidio.
lmao cool story bro :D

Looks nice. But will it fit over a full coverage invisible shield?

Yes. I don't have personal experience, but shouldn't invisible shield be a fraction of a millimeter thick. It should be ok.

Reactions: no0b4lif3
Upvote 0
Looks nice. But will it fit over a full coverage invisible shield?

I would think so. I had Ghost Armour installed at the mall while I was waiting for this case to arrive and it fit on top of the Ghost Armour full body skin no problem.

I wasn't really sold on getting the Ghost Armour but the girl was incredibly cute and she waived the $10 install fee so I bit. I figured the screen cover of the Ghost Armour would be a good combo with the Active cover and so far I have not been disappointed. I like both and I would agree with people here that the Active is a very nice cover. I haven't had any of the bad smell issues I read about here. I also carry it in my front pocket and I have no problem getting it out. The buttons are a little harder to push due to the rubber but I would bet your buttons will see less wear and tear due to this as well.

Overall I am very satisfied with the case.

Reactions: no0b4lif3
Upvote 0
I also have one of these cases on my Evo. Like others have stated, it does provide very good protection for the phone - I'm no engineer, but I firmly believe this case would take the shock of a hard fall much better vs. a harder case such as the Body Glove case or the other Seido case.

The only real drawback to this case is that the power button is a little more difficult to utilize than it should be. It took me the better part of the day to realize I had to really give it a good tap before it activated.

In case you're wondering, the camera is well protected, and the kick stand works just fine with this case. The phone has a good solid feel in your hand, and it doesn't get slippery if your hands are wet.

And yes....I've had a couple of good drops/falls with this case on the phone. The first one happened at a concert in Chicago...I was trying to get a good picture of the band playing, and my phone got knocked out of my hands onto the ground. It took me awhile to find it, but when I did, I didn't discover any damage, and I was pretty impressed. The second incident was when I laid my Evo in my lap while I was driving. When I got to a gas station, I decided I need to jump out of my vehicle.....and my phone went flying. It landed directly facedown on the concrete, and like before, I couldn't find any damage.

I think it's called an Active case for a reason. It's meant to be used on the Evo, under the most challenging environments...

Now, if only it made my phone waterproof...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones