Seidio Innocase Active or Verizon's Incredible Speck cover?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I purchased the Innocase active with the Incredible while I was on leave, but had the Speck cover been available, I would have strongly considered it. Heck, I don't even mind paying the $23 (discount) for the Speck when I get home, if it offers the convenience I'm looking for. I'm mainly looking for opinions from those who have used both cases, but if you only have an opinion on one, it's the Speck I want to know about.

The Seidio was ideal for me as it offered the inner soft shell with the harder skeleton. It offers the ideal protection and I don't mind the added bulk at all. However, I need to remove it when changing the battery (every 1-2 days), and when putting it in the car mount as a GPS/hands free device. Peeling two layers and putting them back on gets old real fast, but it's something I expected and I'm more than ok with it.

The Speck seems to advertise itself as being similar to the Active (soft inner shell, hard outer shell, melts in your mouth, not your hands), but is one piece rather than two.

I don't care about the different in looks, as they each have their strong points. I'm concerned only with two things; 1) How easily does it go on and come off? Is it so easy you could do it with one hand while not even looking? That would be ideal. 2) How is the added bulk relative to the Innocase Active?

Pictures below for those who want to know what I'm referencing (Speck is first, Innocase Active is 2nd).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    angiekay likes this.
  2. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

I have both cases and the Speck case is REALLY hard to get off. If that's your main concern get the seidio active. It's easy to put on and take off.

angiekay likes this.
  3. Tommy360

Tommy360 Active Member

I also have both and would definitely go with the Seidio.

angiekay likes this.
  4. socarwolverine

socarwolverine Well-Known Member

My black Seidio is peeling, I would take that into account. Some others with the black one are having the same problems.

angiekay likes this.
  5. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Active is a way nicer case.

angiekay likes this.
  6. Medion

Do you have Active, or Surface? I've heard that's a problem with the Surface cases, not Active.

angiekay likes this.
  7. socarwolverine

socarwolverine Well-Known Member

Active, but rather than go through the return process I just dremeled it out to make room for the 2150 battery and just rub off the peelings... eventually they'll disappear.

angiekay likes this.
  8. angiekay

angiekay Member

OMG, I have read almost ALL of these threads, reviews, and comments on the "best" case to get for my dinc? And now I'm more confused, lol. I guess the Active Seidio is the best overall, but I want the white, and I'm reading the white ones "peel" and "look dirty" very quickly?

Can anyone who STILL has the white one, and have had it for awhile tell me if they are still noticing it is dirty or peeling?
    I am a woman, so I won't be putting it in my pants pockets or whatever, we have "special" little dedicated pockets in our purses for that. LOL :D Thanks.

9. Medion

My Active just started peeling. As for the white one, that's a problem you'll get (looking dirty) due to it being white. Overall, I'm no longer impressed with Seidio's quality. Won't be buying again.

angiekay likes this.
  10. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Well-Known Member

I apologize about this. Could you please PM me your your order information so I can assist you with this?

11. JBlox

JBlox New Member

I got the Seidio Active white case just after it came out and I still have it. The case is peeling all over and now has a yellowish hue. I am very careful about keeping my phone as clean as possible, but to no avail with this case.

I would not purchase this case again (due to peeling) especially not white (due to color change from becoming dirty).

angiekay likes this.
  12. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

Agreed - my black is showing obvious signs of peeling (though, obviously not as noticable as white. The case actually sits in a soft holster, and lives a very careful life.. no reason the case should be peeling like this.

After already wasting money on the ripoff $40 "1750" battery, i will be no longer wasting any money on Seidio products.. .. like the name suggests, they are too "Seedy" for me..

angiekay likes this.
  13. Tamasabian

Tamasabian Well-Known Member

I say go with the Otterbox Commuter or Defender. Top notch cases with nothing to "peel" off. They look the same after 6 months of use as they do when you purchase them. But, call me a fanboy I suppose. :)

angiekay likes this.
  14. angiekay

angiekay Member

Thank YOU ALL for all the help, I couldn't have gotten better advice anywhere else, I know I am new here, but with school and work, I haven't had a chance to be "into" my phone like I used to with my winmo phones.

I'm looking to hopefully flash off of this skyraider rom that's giving me trouble (that came with my phone when I bought it) today, BECAUSE of all the help here, I feel absolutely more confident it will go smoothly! Thank you.

15. PSUBALL10

PSUBALL10 Well-Known Member

PM'ed you

16. angiekay

angiekay Member

Ok, so today, I come across these other cases, and have only been able to find a few reviews on them, they look super sexy, Amzer Hybrid TPU Case, it's clear hard plastic on the back and silicone rubber around the edges? Thought I would ask here to see, before I ordered?

17. Altoids

Altoids New Member

I actually have the Speck case, never tried the seidio. For me, the Speck case isn't hard to take off, and I can take it off with one hand...but that takes maybe 8-10 secs. It's kind of hard to take off with one hand because the inner material really grips the phone. Since I've never used the Active case, I can't really compare the two, but I can tell you that the speck does add some bulk to it. It's thicker and adds some weight to it...but I don't mind. I like it :) It does get minor scratches easily though, but it's nothing bad, and it's there to protect the phone.

angiekay likes this.
  18. Medion

So without communicating with me, SeidioSeidio tells me a replacement was sent to my house, and that I will need to return the original. I'm in Iraq now, hooboy. Hope they don't recharge my credit card, or it will be a charge back.

@SeidioSeidio

Proper customer service begins with open channels of communication. NEVER open a ticket for someone without first talking to them and seeing what they want. There will be a serious problem here if Seidio double-taps my credit card due to this lack of communication.

19. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Well-Known Member

I apologize about any confusion that may be caused! We haven't shipped you a replacement yet and definitely agree that open channels of communication are the best way to provide customer service. I just wanted to make sure you receive a replacement quickly, so I started the process. Also, your credit card will not be charged for this. Please check the PM I have sent you.