• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio Innocase or Otterbox Commuter?

bose301s

Feb 8, 2010
I currently have the leather snap on case that VZW sells, the little plastic clips that snap it on break way too easily so I am looking at higher quality cases and especially the Seidio and Otterbox cases. The Otterbox case looks higher quality IMO and also probably more protective. I just want to be sure that the plastic clips will not break and let the case fall off every 5 minutes. Any opinions would be helpful.

Reactions: droid.
Never owned the Seidio, so I can't speak to that one, however...

I got my Otterbox Wednesday evening and have had it on my phone for about a day and a half now...

Honestly, this is the best cell phone case I've ever seen, or owned for that matter. The fit and finish are perfect, very snug and very secure. The rounded corners and the high quality materials used in construction give the phone a great 'finished' feel, very solid. The power/sleep, volume and camera buttons all line up perfectly, and as another poster mentioned make them much easier to use, especially the power/sleep. The covered ports are lined up dead on as well and do a great job of keeping dust and dirt out. The slider works perfectly and is not hindered at all by the case... It slides open smooth and clicks back into place perfectly. Both the top and bottom pieces fit snug and secure; no issues at all with either feeling loose or coming off. Both feel like an integrated part of the phone.

So, essentially, I love this case... highly recommended! :D

Upvote 0
I got my Otterbox Wednesday evening and have had it on my phone for about a day and a half now...

Honestly, this is the best cell phone case I've ever seen, or owned for that matter. The fit and finish are perfect, very snug and very secure. The rounded corners and the high quality materials used in construction give the phone a great 'finished' feel, very solid. The power/sleep, volume and camera buttons all line up perfectly, and as another poster mentioned make them much easier to use, especially the power/sleep. The covered ports are lined up dead on as well and do a great job of keeping dust and dirt out. The slider works perfectly and is not hindered at all by the case... It slides open smooth and clicks back into place perfectly. Both the top and bottom pieces fit snug and secure; no issues at all with either feeling loose or coming off. Both feel like an integrated part of the phone.

So, essentially, I love this case... highly recommended! :D

I echo the Otterbox sentiments here. I also like that the button's are "raised" and protected and there is little if any bulk over the Seidio.

I also have the Seidio and love it as well. The main difference is the "recessed buttons" in the case and not button covering. The Otterbox also covers the "lip" of the bottom of the Droid whereas the Innocase does not. I have the dock for the Innocase and with the button coverings on the Otterbox, it doesn't work to well on the dock.

You can't go wrong with either one, but right now I would give the Otterbox the edge because of the "buttons".

I do think it's worth mentioning that I have a replacement case coming from Otterbox because the upper edges of the back portion are not "securely in place". Otterbox did not hesitate for a 2nd when I sent a customer service inquiry and they shipped me a replacement the same day. Hope to have it by Monday and will update post.

Seidio and Otterbox have great customer service, so again, 2 good reputable companies with great products.

Upvote 0
I just got my Seidio case/holster from work and I love it. I work in a Verizon store and have been trying on every type we get in and the Seido is by far the slimmest and the best feel. I do agree that you will probably get better protection out of the Otterbox but the fact that my case is so thin and I can get a multimedia dock that works with the case still on seals the deal for me.

Upvote 0
How is the screen protector on the otterbox? Is the reponsiveness noticably different to a naked screen? Is it easy to install? No bubbles? Is it removeable?

Thanks

I don't use the included screen protectors. I use bestskinsever. Much easier to install than invisishield and much less expensive. However, I did use one for a while until the bestskin arrived and they are okay, just not the solid protector I was looking for.

Upvote 0
I just got my Otterbox case today. Never owned a Sedio case so I can't compare the two but this Otterbox case is sweet. Love the way the buttons are now raised and the ports are covered. I had the Body Glove case and the top hinges broke leaving the case useless. I went for 2 weeks with a "naked" Droid and didn't really want go back to a cover but the protection is more important. Kind of like why I use condom....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones