• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio Innocase Surface problem

I think I got lucky with the Surface case and clip. I just got them and the screen protectors this afternoon.

I cleaned the glass, and had no problems with the screen protector except one little speck of dust that caused a bubble. I pulled it off and got the speck out and it lays flat now.

I watched the video on the Seidio site about installing the case, and had no problems putting it on and snapping all the tabs in place. I have opened and shut the keyboard about ten times now, and all seems to work as expected.

Thanks for a good couple of products and your ongoing support of them!

Upvote 0
I just got an Evo Shift and an Innocase, and initially I had trouble with getting the front to stay on, but I think my problem was the Bodyguardz I had applied to the phone. In particular, the small strip along the top of the phone was just enough additional thickness that the clips couldn't grab.

After removing that strip, one clip hooked on fine. The other was a little more difficult due to the position (top left of the phone, keyboard always below it), so I used a screwdriver to gently keep the the two halves of the phone slightly apart and pushed on that fourth clip, and I heard it snap into place.

Seidio, you might make a note of this on your product page, that the extra thickness from an existing protector like Bodyguardz could prevent the top front clips from grabbing, and at least that little strip may need to be removed. Since the phone covers the sides, they could probably be removed everywhere anyway.

Upvote 0
I just got an Evo Shift and an Innocase, and initially I had trouble with getting the front to stay on, but I think my problem was the Bodyguardz I had applied to the phone. In particular, the small strip along the top of the phone was just enough additional thickness that the clips couldn't grab.

After removing that strip, one clip hooked on fine. The other was a little more difficult due to the position (top left of the phone, keyboard always below it), so I used a screwdriver to gently keep the the two halves of the phone slightly apart and pushed on that fourth clip, and I heard it snap into place.

Seidio, you might make a note of this on your product page, that the extra thickness from an existing protector like Bodyguardz could prevent the top front clips from grabbing, and at least that little strip may need to be removed. Since the phone covers the sides, they could probably be removed everywhere anyway.

Thanks for letting us know. We are glad you were able to get the front piece to stay on!

Upvote 0
First case didn't last long, the top right front clip began to fail after a few months and then the front wouldn't stay on. I did the return process, paid to ship it back, and got a replacement case. I've had this one for a few months and the same thing is happening. Unless you guys have changed the design, I will not pay to ship this one back. My money will go to another case company. Your cases are very durable and I've read really nice comments regarding all of your accessories.

Upvote 0
I purchased the Seidio innocase and holster product from Seidio directly in March 2011, by December 2011 my phone hit the ground from a broken (rusted) spring in the clip that holds the phone in the holster. In looking at the one I bought for my GFs EVO and at one a co-worker bought, theirs are rusting too. A couple months after I got the holster the clip relaxed...I know think it was just the one side of the spring breaking.

Seidio will replace it, first you have to send a request to get an RMA, then once approved you have to send it back within 7 days and include all the information you needed to get the RMA again and write the RMA on a certain spot on the box...etc...basically...they give you as many steps as they can and make you pay to return their broken equipment. I opted to not return mine...all I would get is another holster I can't trust to not break and send my phone on a 3 foot free fall to the ground below. Thank god I was on grass when the first one let go!

With no holster...I like my Case-Mate case much better :)

Upvote 0
I purchased the Seidio innocase and holster product from Seidio directly in March 2011, by December 2011 my phone hit the ground from a broken (rusted) spring in the clip that holds the phone in the holster. In looking at the one I bought for my GFs EVO and at one a co-worker bought, theirs are rusting too. A couple months after I got the holster the clip relaxed...I know think it was just the one side of the spring breaking.

Seidio will replace it, first you have to send a request to get an RMA, then once approved you have to send it back within 7 days and include all the information you needed to get the RMA again and write the RMA on a certain spot on the box...etc...basically...they give you as many steps as they can and make you pay to return their broken equipment. I opted to not return mine...all I would get is another holster I can't trust to not break and send my phone on a 3 foot free fall to the ground below. Thank god I was on grass when the first one let go!

With no holster...I like my Case-Mate case much better :)

I'm sorry about that. Due to customer feedback, we have made changes to our warranty policy to make it as easy as we can for our customers! Feel free to PM me with some order details and I can assist you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones