• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio Innocell 3500 maH Battery/ Case

I have had my 3500 for quite a while now and if its charged with the phone on you will not get a 100% charge but its still more than enough to get you through the day with heavy usage. The only time I kill the battery its if I am streaming movies all day over 3g. You will get a better charge with an external charger but its not needed every day. I charge mine in the external charger once every 1-2 weeks just so it won't get "damaged"in any way like memory

Upvote 0
I charge mine in the external charger once every 1-2 weeks just so it won't get "damaged"in any way like memory
The "memory" phenomenon you're referring to is actually voltage depression and it's a dusty old memory left over from the nickel-cadmium battery days. But the lithium-ion family of batteries don't suffer from voltage depression so "memory" simply isn't something you need to worry about.

Pete

Upvote 0
I would recommend an external charger for the 3500 battery.

Agree with the external battery charger. However I contacted Seidio tech support who stated it should not make a difference if phone is on or off or charged via external charger or usb. The question is, how do you trust this? I do technical support for Servers at a Co-location facility and can tell you that just because someone works in technical support does not mean they know exactly what you are asking? (wish you could see some of my co-workers). Long story short I am still not sure. Wish Seidio could input some knowledge here on their product.

Found this in a google search
Battery University: How to prolong lithium-based batteries

Kuthulu
HTC Evo 4G

Upvote 0
For Christmas I just got the Seidio Innocase Extended case, which goes on top of the 3500 battery and door. Feels so nice! It has that softtouch plastic and I love it. Doesn't make the phone all that much bigger but makes me feel better just in case I drop it or something. When I get off of work I'll put on the Rugged combo and see how that feels. :) Happy camper!

Upvote 0
For Christmas I just got the Seidio Innocase Extended case, which goes on top of the 3500 battery and door. Feels so nice! It has that softtouch plastic and I love it. Doesn't make the phone all that much bigger but makes me feel better just in case I drop it or something. When I get off of work I'll put on the Rugged combo and see how that feels. :) Happy camper!

There's some company selling them for $18-$19 shipped. It was either eBay or Amazon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones