Seidio Innodock for D1 work for D2?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. cabraswell

cabraswell Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know if this dock will work with the D2? Haven't had a chance to chat it up with Seidio yet...just wondering if anyone had tried it.

Advertisement
  2. cabraswell

Spoke with Seidio live chat and confirmed it is NOT compatible with the D2.

They do, however, plan on having a "full lineup" of products for the D2 from what I was told.

3. w53cig

w53cig Active Member

FWIW, my Droid 2 Global (w/D2 Innocase) fits perfectly in my Seidio D1 Car Dock.

However, the screen doesn't auto-rotate to landscape on the D2G when docked the way the D1 does. I'm guessing the magnet location that enables dock rotation is different.

4. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

I don't see why not. The shapes aren't as different as a square and a circle. The DROID and DROID2 are 98% the same shape. My DROID2 fits in my old DROID dock perfectly. I think with VZW and Seidio saying its not compatible is just to make money.

5. cabraswell

I think I'm just gonna end up buying the Moto dock anyways. Should have the phone in a couple days and with my discount it'll be cheaper than the Seidio version.

6. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

I tried using my D2 in my D1 Seidio Innodock and it doesn't work. It fits and charges, but I guess the magnet is slightly off because it doesn't automatically switch to clock mode.