• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio just posred pics of what the evo will look like with the 3500mah battery...

I don't quite understand how people think this is "hideous" and they'd rather lug another battery around, and then separately charge that other battery. I actually think the phone is too slim, and it's easier for me to drop when it's as slim as they are nowadays. When I got an extended battery for my mogul it actually sat in my hands easier and I could sit it up on a table.

With that said, would like someone to test this battery to find out if it is actually even better than the stock battery. I've read alot of bad press about these third party battery manufacturers making a 3500mah that probably has 50% capacity of that.

Upvote 0
Who is starting to think about getting this battery .. it def adds some bulk to the device but is it work all the extra battery life .. how do u feel about it ?

26469_L.jpg

Seidio Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery for HTC EVO 4G at MobileCityOnline.com

Reactions: ScorpDX
Upvote 0
That looks ridiculous.

Really? Why?

Considering the vast array of cellphone shapes, what makes you think one looks ridiculous and one cool?

Personally, I think it looks fine and I'm planning on ordering one. However, I'm over six feet tall and can palm a basketball with one finger and my thumb, so a big phone looks more normal in my hands than a miniscule one.

Upvote 0
Since I already have the 3500 (that I used for my Hero), I called Seidio and asked them if they would sell the back cover separately. They said since they don't have the battery in yet, they can't give a definite answer. Argh. I don't want to have to pay for another battery just so I can have the back cover!

I didn't even think about that; I have the 3500mAH for my Blackberry Bold from them. I am definitely glad I had it for that phone, but it's hard to fit a phone that thick in my "metro" jeans, haha.

Upvote 0
That looks ridiculous.

How is that? I mean when you're holding the phone no one can see the back of it...when it's sitting on a table or your desk no one is going to notice that...are you afraid that someone is going to call your phone ugly???

There are those who were lucky enough to get great battery life out of the OEM battery and those of us who did it...I am in the bunch of people that don't have great battery life and I would much rather have this then carry around an extra battery everywhere I go...I bought the phone for its functionality not for the way it looks...I think that once you see someone with it you'll see that it isn't so bad after all...

Upvote 0
yeah they updated the page to include the price sometime yesterday afternoon (Monday). I am very excited about it, as my phone will hit 47% battery life in less than 2 hours from a full charge, I also have noticed that the phone, if unplugged as soon as the charge light goes green, will display 91% or 92% battery power, but if I leave it plugged in for an extra 2 hours I do get 100% (have not yet had a chance to test lower time to 100). I did just do the "power off after hitting green" and it did indeed go to amber, but was green again within 30 seconds.

I am hoping they will discount the battery when they finally get it in, I'll buy it for $50. The best I have done on a single charge so far was 6 hours with 80%+ constant usage. I will be trying the "network data off"/"disable auto-sync" trick at work tomorrow to see how that goes.

I will say that I went from 93% to 78% leaving the phone unplugged for 7.5 hours while I was sleeping... all radios off except cell (3G)

Upvote 0
I have always had extended batteries for my phones as well as carrying the OEM on in my wallet.

But I also like having a hard shell case and for all my prior phones there has been a case that fit over the extended battery cover.

I hope there will be a case for it, even if a soft gell one, or one that will protect the corners. These have been some reports of cracking the screen from just a 3 foot fall onto carpeting and while I will be getting TEP, I think an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones