Resolved!!!
    Check Below for UPDATES!

Seidio Innocase II Scratches EVO

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I PMed SeidioSeidio:

This is their reply

This is not acceptable...

I also reply back to him and have not heard from Seidio since then.

Latest Update!
    Update 6/23

Update Seidio! New Revision of Innocase II

[​IMG]

Okay, so I got the new revision of Innocase. Apparently there's 2 different revisions that I got. The first one is the black case. If you look @ the labels on each side, the old case has a shiny plastic texture. The new case has a rubberized texture. Both cases have felt in the same location. The newer revision with the rubberized interior is the case that you need to make sure your getting. This new case is tight fit, 100 percent (as of now). I don't know if the case will start squeeking because of plastic stretch/wear and tear after a few days.

[​IMG]

Now the white one. Same thing as the black. New cases have rubberized texture, the old case has shiny texture. BUT!!! Look closely... The felt on the new white case covers a huge top portion where the NEW black revisions doesn't. Why couldn't they make it all standard that the felt lining will clover the top portion like the new white case in the picture above! :confused::confused::confused:. The new white one also fits even tighter than the black one because of the additional felt. The rubberized coating does seem to give less stress when your sliding the case on and off.

Overall! Rubberized does feel much better when sliding the case on and off. I think it will do some protection as the fit is much tighter. Since my evo is already scratched up, i'm still very pissed about it. If it causes more scratches I will definitely report back. As of now, seems OKAY!...

Thank Seidio Rep - "Jack" for listening in. Hopefully their future cases will improve after this.

~if an addtional update is needed, I will definitely report back.

Advertisement
  2. ramonini

ramonini Well-Known Member

ill make them get you a new EVO 4G ...
  3. Ubuntu Philosophy

Ubuntu Philosophy Well-Known Member

This one is kind of obvious. As the case flexes outward at the seam to the rear of the phone, pressure is exerted on the upper corners of the case. If this occurs a few hundred times, scratches would be the result.

Seidio, you have a problem that needs to be addressed here. You want to take care of this before it hits the front page of Engadget as other stories here have. Nobody appreciates a company that hides from the obvious.
    grotonSailor likes this.
  4. Whiteboyx69

Whiteboyx69 Well-Known Member

Glad i returned it then!
  5. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

I would assume this stems from the fact that the cases wiggle and squeaky at the corners. I took mine off a couple days ago thinking it might be causing damage. Looks like I was right to suspect.
  6. Are we talking the LTD edition from Amazon?
  7. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

did you put the case on and off multiple times? or did the phone maybe just slid around while in the case?
  8. strongsteve

strongsteve Active Member

Oh hell naw! That is the case that I have on mine! I did add the felt that was recommended in another thread but now I am worried!
  9. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

Been naked since day 1, and no scratches on mine anywhere. Heh. <_<
    marctronixx likes this.
  10. cluckkillerb

cluckkillerb Well-Known Member

Nope, that one is wrapped in rubber. :D
  11. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

How would anyone think a plastic case of any kind would not scratch the phone? Only thing that won't scratch bad is the rubber or silicon cases. And even those cause hairline scratches. It's should be expected on a device that has a piano black finish.
    MrX8503 and Kelmar like this.
  12. Biggest Fro

Biggest Fro Well-Known Member

I new the wiggling was bad news bears.

Guess it's the big wait for the Otter Box.

Anyone got an ETA?
  13. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

This happned to mine as well too!! I was not happy when I noticed it yesterday! Mine is more on the sides of the phone. Scratches and clear coat rubbing off.
  14. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Accepting this to be the truth is unacceptable. Companies need to know they need to improve their products, especially to charge the amounts they do. $30 for a cheap piece of plastic doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. When I used an iPhone I had a Speck Candyshell which had a great rubber lining that fit snug against the phone. Had no issues with scratches. Other companies need to realize that attention to detail makes the difference in them being reputable or not. On my Evo now I don't use any cases, just an Invisible Shield Full Body (Maximum Protection). So far so good.
  15. gt33

gt33 Well-Known Member

Mine is also scratched from the innocase on the sides, even after I meticulously cleaned it before inserting the phone into the case. I'm supposed to be getting a new one in the mail, so hopefully it fits tighter, but I may just add felt just incase.
  16. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

no not the limited edition from Amazon. That one is silicon case.

took it off couple times. never dropped the phone
    yep sucks. and they are avoiding everything. this is the main reason why I want to disclose the pictures. I asked them to see what they can do, and got no response. they denied everything so I posted to show everyone now.

I've talked up about the company several times by doing reviews, but seeing the problems being more and mroe problematic and someone else posting in another thread about the same issue. I decided to go public
    Jimmyboi860 likes this.
  17. jmatteau

jmatteau Member

been waiting two weeks for mine to come in! Looks like I might be returning it and looking for a better case, if it even ever comes in!
  18. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

good luck and maket he right choice
  19. redenfield

redenfield Active Member

I bought two innocase from Seidio for my and my wife's EVO's. I had to get a replacement from Seidio on my wife's burgundy case as it was way too loose. I put a small piece of scotch tape over each corner to ensure no friction scratches.

I too feel this is unacceptable for a $30 piece of molded plastic to scratch the expensive devices they are built to protect. You've got a real problem on your hands Seidio and need to offer a swift solution...

I for one will be forwarding this to Engadget...
  20. modern

modern Well-Known Member

Mine has scratches on the bottom and I'm sure it from the Seidio case.
  21. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

redenfield likes this.
  22. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Well that's rather disheartening, since my Innocase just arrived today. Thank you for going public and sharing this with us - I'm going to take some time tomorrow to try and engineer a DIY solution for my case. If I come up with something particularly interesting and innovating (i.e. not using felt or scotch tape buffers), I'll post something to share.
  23. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

How long have cell phone cases existed and not one case has the entire inside lined with felt? It doesn't take an engineer to figure this out.

When you have plastic against plastic, the dirt and dust in between the two will act like sand paper.
  24. acp

acp Well-Known Member

HOLY BS BATMAN!!! The only reason I use a case is to prevent cosmetic damage, simply because I am OCD and can not stand to look at scratches on my phone and the possibility of reselling at a good price diminishes with each scratch. I would be furious if this happened to my phone.
  25. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member

I guess I don't get what the big deal about a couple small scratches is. My whole phone would have scratches, chips, dings and dents in a week without a case.

That seems like VERY minimal nit picking scratches.