• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio Review Update2! New Revision - Rubberized Interior

I got an automated reply from them when I wrote about exchanging the case, saying that I could exchange it under warranty if it was under 180 days (duh), not even referencing the fact that it was a rebranded case from BB, or that it was pertaining to a known issue. They probably didn't even read it. I guess I need to call.

Upvote 0
I pm-ed Seidio for replacement but have not heard back from him...

I find it a bit strange that some people are having a hard time getting a reply from Seidio about this. I PM'ed him(her?) yesterday, and got a reply overnight. My replacement case shipped this morning. Can't ask for faster customer service than that IMO. If I get the new version with the rubberized inside and it fits, I'll be satisfied.

Upvote 0
I have been speaking with Jack Yang, marketing coordinator for Seidio, and the Innocase Surface II now has a rubberized lining. This is a confirmed change that is permanent to all further Innocase II production. If you have a prior case without rubberized lining I suggest you get in contact with Seidio and get an exchange. I was suppose to get the new rubberized lining in my 2nd replacement, but their shipping department failed to ship the new version last week. Jack Yang asked me to pass this information forward to all of you and hopes for your continued support of Seidio. I am very impressed with their choice to listen to us customers and make this change. I hard plastic shell with a more rubberized liner is far superior to plastic on plastic. Good job Seidio and time for some new reviews of the Innocase II!

Upvote 0
just chiming in that i also received a replacement Innocase with the new rubberized insides and it fits tight! ZERO squeaking and wiggle but i do have one complaint and that is that the middle where the two pieces form, it's not quite flush so there's a slight hump there, but it's very small.

either way, i'm extremely happy with seidio's support and their willingness to listen to their customers, my next case for my next phone will be a seidio!
smile.gif

Upvote 0
I got a reply back from Seidio and he promised to replace my review units. I will post an updated review to see if they fix the issue. although they already damaged my Evo to the extreme, I will try to give them a fair review. @ least Jack from Seidio decided to come through and replace units that people were having problems with

Upvote 0
I have been speaking with Jack Yang, marketing coordinator for Seidio, and the Innocase Surface II now has a rubberized lining. This is a confirmed change that is permanent to all further Innocase II production. If you have a prior case without rubberized lining I suggest you get in contact with Seidio and get an exchange. I was suppose to get the new rubberized lining in my 2nd replacement, but their shipping department failed to ship the new version last week. Jack Yang asked me to pass this information forward to all of you and hopes for your continued support of Seidio. I am very impressed with their choice to listen to us customers and make this change. I hard plastic shell with a more rubberized liner is far superior to plastic on plastic. Good job Seidio and time for some new reviews of the Innocase II!

Could you please provide me with Jacks contact info. My wifes case has indeed scratched her phone like the pics on the first page which is pretty damn ridiculous. My phone luckily has only acquired some minor scratches prior to me putting on my phantomskin (fullbody) protection (which i do not like) to try to alleviate any further scratching caused by the use of the Seido case.

Thanks in Advance

Upvote 0
I just looked at my phone and I too have scratches below my volume controls. I shimmed the corners with electrical tape and they are tight but the seam where the upper and lower lock together has some give. I e-mailed SeidoSeido to see if their warranty covers the BestBuy Platinum case. I have 2 EVO's and both have this case.

Upvote 0
just chiming in that i also received a replacement Innocase with the new rubberized insides and it fits tight! ZERO squeaking and wiggle but i do have one complaint and that is that the middle where the two pieces form, it's not quite flush so there's a slight hump there, but it's very small.

smile.gif

this is the reason I returned my first case lol, the top is slightly raised up where the top half meets the bottom half on the back of the case. after a week or so the case became loose and that spot in question started making a clicking noise. It seems like the top half is slightly bigger than the bottom half.

the replacement I received is exactly the same, so I'm pretty sure it will also become loose over time. I still think this case is sexy as hell and looks much sleeker than the silicone case (my other favorite), but for $30 I am kind of disappointed.

both cases had the "rubber" inside, so that improvement obviously didn't fix the fit of the case.

Upvote 0
this is the reason I returned my first case lol, the top is slightly raised up where the top half meets the bottom half on the back of the case. after a week or so the case became loose and that spot in question started making a clicking noise. It seems like the top half is slightly bigger than the bottom half.

the replacement I received is exactly the same, so I'm pretty sure it will also become loose over time. I still think this case is sexy as hell and looks much sleeker than the silicone case (my other favorite), but for $30 I am kind of disappointed.

both cases had the "rubber" inside, so that improvement obviously didn't fix the fit of the case.
honestly, i think the best way to fix this issue is to put a lining of felt/cloth all the way around the interior of the case. yes it's more labor, probably more costly, but it will fix the issue. putting a lining of felt will tighten up the case and prevent the scratching. but i don't think seidio will take my opinion into consideration.

Upvote 0
I did try to line the entire interior with sticky back felt and it caused the case to not close properly. I'm going to only try to line it near the corners next time.

Yes I found that out myself as well. I also noticed that if it's too far into the walls of the corners it also won't lock properly.. there's a 'sweet spot' on the back of the case, just where the wall meets the back in the corner area... I found that so long as the felt was on the back and not touching the walls it closed and locked properly.

Personally I switched to the Active case, which I love.. with the exception that I CANNOT TURN ON THE PHONE! Stupid powerbutton requires me to use two hands and press down so hard that I must be damaging the phone button. *sigh* another email sent to Seidio.

Anyone else feel that they created these cases off 'spec' and never actually put them onto a device to properly test them??

Upvote 0
Well, my own fault I guess for not immediately removing the case after reading this post, but I now have little nicks and scuffs in several places around the front edge around my Evo, and a bigger one right below the volume buttons. Great job Seidio, a protective case that causes more damage on than off.
yeah pisses me off everytime i think about it. i paid big bucks for this phone since i bought it from someone @ Google I/O event. now it's all scratched up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones