Seidio Rugged Review Thread

Last Updated:

1. firemedic1343

firemedic1343 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Please post your thoughts, I'll start.

I received my Seidio Innocase Rugged Case and Holster for my EVO 4G. It consists of a Innocase II Surface, a soft plastic shell that wraps around the Innocase II Surface. The third and final piece is an exoskeleton that fits around the soft plastic shell. There is also a nicely built holster that has a nice locking button.

Fit- The fit is excellent, everything slips on tight but not too tight. Be careful not to pull off your screen protector when putting this case on your EVO.

Materials- The materials seem like they are tough and durable. The problem is that the soft plastic is very thin in the areas where the exoskeleton fits on it.

Durability- This solid feeling case should outlast my EVO in my opinion.

Protection- I doubt that this case provides more protection than the Active cases. I would like a thicker soft layer like the Active cases have. However, this rugged case does come with a sturdy clip and protection of ports and camera lens. The Surface case that the rugged fits around is also a plus for anyone that has need for a sleeker looking case at times.

Overall, I think I would be happier with an Otterbox type design, I think they are tougher. But the Rugged and Active are both available now. I would recommend the Innocase Active over the Rugged if you have no need for an included clip, camera lens protection and want to save some cash.

*The rugged case comes with a screen protector, which some have liked, I personally prefer something tougher.

This is my very subjective opinion, I'm sure I missed a few things. Please share your opinions as well!

Advertisement
  2. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I just received the the rugged case value combo which includes with the rugged case the innocase II holster and the screen protector. I have to agree with the previous post that the case is a beast with all the gear on. The combo is convenient because it gives you a choice of load outs depending on what activities you plan to partake in that day. I couldn't see myself using the full rugged gear on a daily basis so for the regular days the innocase and holster are fine. The cool thing is the rugged holster allows you to lock the spring holder in place to assure a firm hold no matter what. Unlike my holster for use without the cases, the innocase and rugged holsters are not rubberized but I guess that isn't needed since the phone is already protected. Haven't had a chance to put on the screen protector but I should be getting my steinheil protector in a day or two so I may wait to compare them before I put one on. Overall I have to say the value combo gives you the best bang for your buck and I'm a very happy camper!

3. timlot1

timlot1 Active Member

4. itstheN

itstheN New Member

Can you please clarify? I don't quite understand what you mean by "not rubberized." Is there no felt on the inside of the holsters?

5. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

The holster that's only for use without a case has a rubberized coating inside and out in addition to the felt lining. The holsters that are used with the innocase and the rugged case don't have the rubberized coating but do have the felt lining.

6. itstheN

itstheN New Member

Ok thanks.

7. BlondeeLox

BlondeeLox Active Member

I just received the Innocase Rugged Holster Combo this week. I also just got my Evo the week before. I previously had the iPhone 3G with the OtterBox Defender Series Case so I wanted to make sure there was a case similar that could be purchased for the Evo.

My husband found that the Innocase Rugged was very similar and had got decent reviews. Since OtterBox has yet to come out with a case for the Evo I decided to order the Innocase.

Being that I have had both cases I really like to Innocase so far. I find that it actually offers more coverage to the phone then the OtterBox did to my iPhone. I like that all controls are covered, the port, speakers, camera etc. and it has specific cut outs that are easily available when you need access to them.

The only thing I see being an issue is the rubber pieces for the cut outs. The rubber isn't all that thick and if someone isn't careful they could easily tear the rubber piece off. The user would still be able to use the piece if it did tear off because it fits snug in place of the cut out, it just may not be ideal.

With this case if you think you are going to be using the kickstand often you do not have access to the kickstand with the case on your phone. You would have to remove the rugged skin and the skeleton case every time you wanted to use it. As for me the kickstand is a nice feature but I don't see myself ever using it.

Since I did I have an OtterBox on my previous phone I still want to see how that case turns out.

Over all I am very happy with the Innocase Rugged and would definitely recommend it for those who want complete coverage of all controls and protection.

8. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

With the speaker being covered by that rubber flap can you still hear it ring easily?

9. BlondeeLox

BlondeeLox Active Member

Actually the case doesn't cover the speakers and you can still hear your ringtones just fine!

10. Foxracin

Foxracin New Member

Ordered mine last Thursday and got it in the mail today. Love it so far. Should work great for me. Fit great and looks great. The power and volume buttons are real easy to use.

11. amer3

amer3 Member

i love mine