seidio, sgp, realook, or other screen protectorAccessories

Last Updated:

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well as the title asked. Which should one buy for the captivate. I run sgp ultra crystal on my fascinate and wondering how the others compare. Looking for best quality and ease to put on. If you have experience with multiple please let me know. I am open to other suggestions for a protector for the captivate.

Advertisement
  2. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Well-Known Member

I'll share my experiences...

Skinomi: (soft screen protector)
    Applying this screen protector required for the screen to be wet. They provide a solution to spray. Since it's a wet application, you get more time when trying to align the screen protector. I always had a hard time getting all the bubbles out. Most of the bubbles went away after 24 hours, but I used Skinomi twice, and both times haven't had a perfect install. I use the Swype keyboard, so I pay attention to screen friction. Using swype wasn't horrible on here, but there are better screen protectors out there for this purpose. Out of the 2, Skinomi was closer to the proper size and had a better fit.

Clairvue Ultra Clear: (Hard plastic screen protector:
    This is a dry application screen protector. All that is needed is to clean the screen and remove the adhesive backing on the protector. Installation here is really easy... This screen protectors surface is a little more forgiving with Swype. I imagine this is the closest I'm going to find compared to Swype on glass. The Clairvue is a little narrower compared to Skinomi though. That being said, you can more distinctly make out the "gap" between screen protector and phone.

I prefer Clairvue over Skinomi. It's cheaper, easier for me to apply, and works better for me with Swype. Yes, it has a rainbow effect on the screen when off and stared at towards a angle, but I don't give a crap about that.

You should go over to XDA in the Captivate Accessory forum. There is a HUGE thread on this with tons of reviews of other brands.