• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio VITREO Tempered Glass review w/lots of pics!!!

i received a Mime replacement --free. they read my posts and offerred their newer model which is cut covering less surface to end some of the original mime protectors problems with the note II's curved screen. the mime is not perfect. i am slo a crappy installer. i prefer the mime II to the one:
-no bubbling about the edges and on the bottom
- the bottom around the buttom is a clean install that has not bubbled after a fewe months

i will not claim perfection, but part of the few bubbles is likely my fault. i aM HAPPY AND WOULD PURCHASE AGAIN. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE VERY BEST!!

I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH THE SEIDIO AND NOT COMMENTS TO MAKE ONE WAY NOR THE OTHER. I HAVE OWNED SEIDIO PRODUCES AND THEY ALWAYS WORKED VERY WELL AND LOOKED GREAT.

Upvote 0
Finally available in Canada (through Amazon). $50 Cdn after taxes with 2 day shipping. Better than going through Seidio's online store and paying $58 US with international shipping.

Now have to figure out the best way to apply the protector. Might use the scotch tape hinge/door method for this one (for screen alignment). Doesn't sound like it's application is as simple as the Spigen Glas.t (which was place the protector on top of the screen and press the centre; it then adheres to the screen on its own).

Gotta love scotch tape and screens. It's the ultimate friend in getting out those hard to get specks of dust. ;)

Wish me luck with this one. This would be my second time applying a tempered glass protector.

Upvote 0
Well, I got the protector today and tried installing it. It was a total PITA! Not sure if it was sitting in their stock for awhile but the protective film on it was literally glued to the adhesive. It did not come off easily and took quite a bit of force just to remove it. And of course, it slips out of my hand while handling and falls on the table. Adhesive side down, but angled. Still enough to attract the dust and fur floating around.

Scotch tape! Unfortunately, I was also pressed for time and had to do a rush job install. Couldn't get all the specks out and have quite a number under the glass protector. Had 2 large air pockets on the left side of the screen. But it slowly went away after a few hours.

Some of the edges have not adhered and do show some minute bubbling. Hopefully it will resolve or not cause issues. The dust specks under the screen are not noticeable even with the screen on unless you are looking hard for them (which is what I was doing). Flashlight shining on the screen at an angle, then having a the screen backlit pure white at the highest setting.

Definitely a nice protector. But Spigen had a way better method of installation and application. I'm tempted to pry it off again and try again, but not too inclined. It's okay the way it is and the specks are not noticeable and don't bother me. A little off on the install but again, not real bothersome to me.

Edit: Just a shot of my work. Still an amateur with tempered glass protectors... :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones