Seidio vs. Mugen

Last Updated:

1. sampo

sampo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Looking to pick up one of the monster batteries from these companies, 3500 and 3200 mAh respectively...

Does anyone have any real world, hand-on experience with these batteries? I like the size of the Seidio, but the black back cover looks hideous. The Mugen is not as big, however the cover matches the stock color, which is a plus. Here is the kicker, the Seidio is a good $20-30 cheaper than the Mugen. Do I sacrifice looks for performance and price?

Also, I saw that HTC makes an OEM back cover for extended batteries, will this cover fit the Seidio battery?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Advertisement
  2. sampo

Bump... :)

3. Traviswf

Traviswf Well-Known Member

I can't answer to the 3500 size, but I just installed the Seidio 1750 mAh - which you don't need a replacement cover for - and it's working extremely well. 2.1's battery optimization combined with the larger battery has allowed me to use my phone fairly heavily - lots of bluetooth calls, all data synchronization on, no task killing, switching between wi-fi and mobile network, but one is on at all times, and I get through the entire day without having to charge the phone.

So I'm guessing if you got the 3500 - you'd be able to HALO jump into a jungle and walk home before the battery ran out.

I used Seidio's batteries on my Treos as well, back in the day - and was always happy with their capacity and how long they lasted. I've never used Mugen - so I can't comment on the company.

4. caseyatbt

caseyatbt Well-Known Member

I have both. I use the Seidio battery with the Mugen cover. I was able to find a spare Mugen cover and will probably sell the Mugen down the road.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

5. sampo

Thanks for the replies so far...

caseyatbt, how well do the back covers fit the phone, can you tell there is a lot of hollow space above and below the battery, or does the cover taper in those areas?

6. caseyatbt

caseyatbt Well-Known Member

The Mugen cover is much better. The Seidio is less secure.