Seido Active case and Motorola car mountAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Eryl Flynn

Eryl Flynn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if the Seido Active cases will fit either stock or with a little modification in the Motorola car dock?

Advertisement
  2. escalade6103

escalade6103 Well-Known Member

yes it will fit with some modification. i took a dremel and trimmed off the front lip of the mount, the part that bulges out. there is another thread in here that someone trimmed a different part. but depending on how thick your case is, is how much you have to trim

3. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

I'm not real sure why nobody seems to be willing to get the universal car dock to work with their DX with a case around it. I've heard several people complain that they have to take the case off everytime they put it in the dock... you can get the universal dock online for under $10 bucks and it works no matter how thick you case is.

Why doesn't anyone like that dock?

4. escalade6103

escalade6103 Well-Known Member

i called 611 and complained bout the battery life and they gave me a free extended battery and car dock. it took some serious talking but i didnt have anything to do that day anyways. i like that dock cause its more compact than most other universal ones with the long arm. pros and cons of both tho. cant beat free no matter what tho!

5. Outlaw71

There are several universal docks out there. Some with long, bendable arms (like the one I got) that you can manuver into any position you can possibly think of. And some with short, fixed arms like the Motorola one. Here's another plus. It fits my phone, plus my phone with a case on it, plus my phone with a different case on it, plus my next phone, pluse the phone after that, plus my womans phone, plus any of my buddies phones, plus.... well, you get the idea.

When you buy the docks that are specific to your phone, then you're pretty much screwed when you switch phones, or say if one of your friends wants to try his phone out to compare it to your DX or any other situation like that, that might come up. In other words, you're not stuck with it only holding a naked Droid X or a Droid X with a very thin case around it. You can stick any phone, case or no case in it and it holds anything.

6. Outlaw71

[​IMG]

This is the one I got. I don't see how it's any less compact than the Motorola one.