Seido Battery - Anyone use it yet?

Last Updated:

1. ejpyle

ejpyle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Danokan

Danokan Well-Known Member

I have been using it for a couple of months now. I absolutely love it. Extended use time for my phone dramatically.

I also have large hands so the extra size actually feels better to me.

3. ctomaselli

ctomaselli New Member

I also use it and cant imagine using the Hero without it. No more worries about my battery dying. I can get it to go about 2 1/2 days with minor heavy usage. Texting, Pandora, Facebook, and Listen. It was definately worth the $$$. It does make the phone a bit thicker but I actually prefer it that way. My only gripe is the back cover loosens too easily. I am hoping that Seidio comes out with the Innocase Extended Case for it as that will help prevent the back cover coming off so easily. :D

4. Hoos

Hoos Well-Known Member

Mine just arrived.

I've used Seidio extended batteries in all my previous phones. They work great and no issues.

Me, too. I emailed their customer support when the batteries first came out and, at that time, they had no plans for it.

I'm hoping that it will still fit the Innocase I got for the Seidio cover. I'll report back when I get it set up.

Edited to add: Stuck in the new battery and put on the new cover. I'm liking this feel/size much better in my hand.

The holster that came with this Innocase case/holster combo works just fine with the extended battery. It fits securely in the holster. Seidio also has a holster for an "uncased Hero" (that is, the bare Hero without a case). I don't know if that one fits.

5. hanky

hanky New Member

I have one and its hella big! after like a week using it, I just went back to the OEM one. I have like 3 silicone cases and dont use even that. The size of the hero is just perfect in my book.

Are you looking to get an extended battery? Ill sell you mine :D

6. R2D2-AKU2

R2D2-AKU2 Member

I've had it for a couple of months. It's amazing but I don't like the size. I went back to the OEM for the most part. Now I only use it on days I know I won't have a chance to charge at lunch time. You can't kill this thing during the work day - that's for sure.

7. TeamPEZ

TeamPEZ Well-Known Member

PM sent!

8. hanky

hanky New Member

PM replied! This battery has an insane capacity - over two/three days without recharging.. I never ran out of juice during the time I used it since even when it did say it had 15% left it took like about half hour to go down to 10% if I was doing something on the phone (the 2 times it went down to 15% on me I was playing games on the phone :- )

9. caseyatbt

caseyatbt Well-Known Member

I use my Treo Pro Holster and it works pretty good. However, when you snap it in it presses the trackball. I ended up drilling out the holster where the trackball lines up to prevent it.

10. excav8ter

excav8ter Well-Known Member

Does Seidio battery come with a new cover to work with the Hero? Or does it fit inside the existing cover?

11. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

They carry 2 different batteries. One fits inside the existing cover and the other comes with a replacement black cover.

12. excav8ter

Are there retail stores where i can buy the big one?

13. Kelmar

Only from their website that I am aware of.

14. excav8ter

Ok, thanks a lot. :)

15. Kelmar

You can buy the smaller one on Amazon for 10 bucks cheaper than seidio directly.

16. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

i have the siedio 3500 mah battery can anyone give me the link to a case that will fit it prefferably a a flip case that will go on ur waist

17. Danokan

Danokan Well-Known Member

I bought a generic I_phone case at walmart and it works really well.

18. TeamPEZ

TeamPEZ Well-Known Member

I use my old Blackberry 9000 case - it's got plenty of room for the extended battery that I am buying from Hanky! I can't wait.