• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seido Innocase + Holster Review

Drycht

Lurker
Jan 15, 2010
So anyway today I recieved my Seido Innocase plus Holster from Seido and after tinkering with it and testing it I have decided to write a small review on it.

I have the suede pocket slip cover from Waterfield and the Body Glove so I can compare it to similar products out there. That said, this case plus holster is AMAZING. $50 price tag sounds expensive but I guarantee you wont find a better case/holster combo.

The snap on case has a grippy rubber feel but it is also very smooth. It is hard to explain, but provides just enough grip without collecting lint when removing from a pocket. It is also so slim you can barely tell there is a case on it at all. Very well fitting as well. It snaps on just like the Body Glove case but it goes on much easier and pops off alot easier too. Can take the entire case off in 5 seconds without damaging the phone. The phone slides open almost as easily as before the case was installed. You probably could not tell the difference. I have read reviews of the top snap on piece falling off easily and I have fooled around with it for a good 10 mins throwing the phone into all sorts of positions trying to pop the front off and was unable to do so.

The holster is great. Hard plastic, well designed. Pretty basic with no frills but holds the phone screen in, protecting it vs any kind of damage. The phone slides into it very easily with 1 hand as well as getting the phone out. Snaps into place easily and once snapped in the phone does not move at all. Even if you attempt to the holster holds it solid. The spring clip that holds it in place does not damage the phone when snapping it ino the holster. Also the clip on the back is designed with a hook so it grips a belt or your jeans superbly well. You would have to do some serious yoga ninja moves to get this to ever unclip.

Anyway, I can not give this case a big enough review. Simply put, it is the best $50 on a phone you can spend.

Thanks for the review! I was just looking into posting about this case. I have the shell/holster combo right now from VZW for $30 and am quite happy with it. I am debating on whether to order this and return what I just bought since I have 30 days to return it. Anyone have a comparison to the Innocase Surface Combo and the VZW shell/holster combo?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the review! I was just looking into posting about this case. I have the shell/holster combo right now from VZW for $30 and am quite happy with it. I am debating on whether to order this and return what I just bought since I have 30 days to return it. Anyone have a comparison to the Innocase Surface Combo and the VZW shell/holster combo?

Thanks!

Anyone?

Upvote 0
I've been quite happy with the verizon shell/holster combo...bought it on day one with my Droid.....

I have one of the Seidio Innocase Surfaces on its way to me, so will give you a comparison once it comes in (if you can wait that long)

I get bored with the same cases and have to switch them out every so often, that's why I ordered the Seidio...liked the look and wanted something smooth and another color than black....

Upvote 0
I've been quite happy with the verizon shell/holster combo...bought it on day one with my Droid.....

I have one of the Seidio Innocase Surfaces on its way to me, so will give you a comparison once it comes in (if you can wait that long)

I get bored with the same cases and have to switch them out every so often, that's why I ordered the Seidio...liked the look and wanted something smooth and another color than black....

I would really appreciate it if you could post a comparison once it comes in. I have till the 13th of Feb to return my shell/holster combo. One thing I have noticed with it, is on the bottom two corners of the front shell is it scratches up against the holster when i put it in making an annoying squeaking sound. It also grinding down the corners leaving a shinny point instead of the matte finish like the rest of the body.

Upvote 0
to help anyone on the fence about case security and holster for droid, go seidio.

best case and the holster combo is second to none.
i was disappointed when i got my droid and the only accessories were cheap knock off products that were not cheap and didn't work well.

i was so happy to get a product that was designed well performed well and is bulit to last.

i am clueless as to why no reaailers seem to offer seidio.

also the gps cradle charges and allows the case to stay on when docked in the car.

these guys know what they are doing. highly recommended at any price.

Upvote 0
I would really appreciate it if you could post a comparison once it comes in. I have till the 13th of Feb to return my shell/holster combo. One thing I have noticed with it, is on the bottom two corners of the front shell is it scratches up against the holster when i put it in making an annoying squeaking sound. It also grinding down the corners leaving a shinny point instead of the matte finish like the rest of the body.

monster....

got my new Seidio Innocase in the mail today and just put it on my Droid...so far I really like the Seidio over the Verizion shell...the Seidio gives it a lighter over all feel as it is slightly thinner. I was getting a little tired of the "ribbed" feel of the Verizon....I like the smooth Seidio a little better. I originally felt like the ribbed Verizon case would help make it less slippery, but the Seidio seems to have a little grip to it even though it is smooth. As is the case with the Verizon, I'm not sure how much protection either gives if I were to drop my Droid....

As a bonus, it looks like the Seidio Innocase will work with the Verizon holster, so it won't be necessary to purchase the Seidio holster....appears to slide in and out fine and still be able to hold onto the case. The fit of the Seidio so far appears great. If there are any issues with the case staying tight on the corners I haven't seen yet, probably will find out with more daily use in and out of the holster.

Overall I am glad I made the Seidio purchase....definitely makes my Droid look better than the Verizon case...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones