• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seido Innocase Impossibly Hard to Remove

Hello All,

Thank you for your interest! We have updated our website to include a copy of a detailed manual on all the cases. For your convenience, we have also included one here!

csr3.png

Upvote 0
I know the issue I had when I got mine is that on the back of the cardboard insert in the package it tells you to hold the top part and wiggle the bottom left and right. I fought this for about 5 minutes until I saw the little piece of paper that showed the real way to get it off (similar to above) and that works pretty well. Im guessing the instructions on the back of the insert are either old instructions or they are for a different model.

Upvote 0
I know the issue I had when I got mine is that on the back of the cardboard insert in the package it tells you to hold the top part and wiggle the bottom left and right. I fought this for about 5 minutes until I saw the little piece of paper that showed the real way to get it off (similar to above) and that works pretty well. Im guessing the instructions on the back of the insert are either old instructions or they are for a different model.

Same here. The instructions that I got in the case looked like they were copied on a 1980 photocopier because it was all blacked out where the picture was so I couldn't see the picture instructions. Even so, the instructions with the phone don't seem to match the correct ones posted above.

Thanks seidioseidio for posting the image with the correct instructions for this phone.

Upvote 0
Mine slides right off really easy... is it supposed to be hard to pull off?

Mine does the same. I feel like mine slides off too easily! I'd like it to be more secure.

I had mine in my pocket the other day and grabbed the phone by the top and the top of the innocase slid out instead! I'd hate for it to happen one day in my hand and have the phone go flying.

I sent a mail to seidio support asking if it was supposed to slide off so easily, no response yet.

I had the innocase for my old bb storm and that thing never came off.

Sent from my HTC Incredible

Upvote 0
Seidio called me today and confirmed the problems I am having with my innocase coming off too easily. They're shipping out a replacement ASAP, and the rep said they'd have it tested by hand to make sure it was secure before shipping.

I can't say enough good things about this company. Great products and even better service. Worth every cent!

Sent from my HTC Incredible

Upvote 0
Everyone who says their case comes off easily:

When you slide it together, try pressing the back middle of the case where the two pieces connect. It should snap in and it shouldn't slide off easily anymore.

I now see I'm having that problem also. I went to plug in my head phone and it cause the bottom of the case to disconnect. Luckly I caught the Inc and case bottom before it fell on the ground. I love the case though, but I'll see if it happens again before I contact Seidio.

Upvote 0
I just received my Incredible and Innocase II today. I'm having the same problems with my case. Just the slightest tug and the two pieces separate. It has me worried that when I pull the phone from its holster, the case will slide right off. I just sent Seidio an email hoping for a quick fix. I love the combo case and holster and hope it is something that can be remedied.

Upvote 0
Since you all obviously have the Innocase, I'm wondering if someone would be willing to help me out. My incredible is still on back order. In the mean time I'm ordering accessories ahead of the fact. I'm getting the Innocase shell but I'm also ordering a Suede jacket from sfbags.com to protect the screen when it's in my pocket. They need exact measurements because they custom make the bag and the phone's dimensions will be different with the Innocase on it. I got the length, width, thickness from Seido with no problem. But SFbags also wants the measurement of the phone in the case around the middle both long ways and short ways. It's be like measuring the waistline of the phone in both directions using a paper tape measure (like they have at Ikea) or the kind you use to take body measurments.

Anyone of you guys able to do that and report back? Thanks!

Upvote 0
I now see I'm having that problem also. I went to plug in my head phone and it cause the bottom of the case to disconnect. Luckly I caught the Inc and case bottom before it fell on the ground. I love the case though, but I'll see if it happens again before I contact Seidio.

Well I'm really becoming a bit disappointed with my case now; I love the feel and the color but with just a light pull the two parts come apart very easily which is very unfortunate and I

Upvote 0
Since you all obviously have the Innocase, I'm wondering if someone would be willing to help me out. My incredible is still on back order. In the mean time I'm ordering accessories ahead of the fact. I'm getting the Innocase shell but I'm also ordering a Suede jacket from sfbags.com to protect the screen when it's in my pocket. They need exact measurements because they custom make the bag and the phone's dimensions will be different with the Innocase on it. I got the length, width, thickness from Seido with no problem. But SFbags also wants the measurement of the phone in the case around the middle both long ways and short ways. It's be like measuring the waistline of the phone in both directions using a paper tape measure (like they have at Ikea) or the kind you use to take body measurments.

Anyone of you guys able to do that and report back? Thanks!

Did you ever find out the size you needed? those suede jackets are awesome, I will probably get one of those when we know which to get. :-0

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I too am dissatisfied with the case. I purchased it based on this board's high praise and think I was better off with the HTC standard silicone case.

My problem with the case is that it fits too loosely around the phone and each time I pick it up it creaks in my hand. I'm not sure if this is by design or if I have a defective case. With the silicone case I completely forgot that it was even there; with the innocase I'm reminded of its presence every time I touch the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones