Seido will not be selling the desktop chargerAccessories

1. jeff327

jeff327 Well-Known Member

I just spoke to Seidio. They have decided not to do the desktop charger and concentrate on the Droid X instead. After 2 months of the website saying coming soon they decided without warning not to sell it. This is BS people. Shame on me or any other Inc. owners that buys products from them.

Advertisement
  2. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is BS if they are really dropping support like that already. The DInc community is by no means small, and given that VZ is dropping the ball on the dock, the market was really there for Seidio. I love my active case, but i don't think I will keep supporting a company that shows us no support.
  3. brianem

brianem Well-Known Member

I bought an innocase expecting to use it with the car/desk docks. I'll never but seido again after waiting 2 months for something listed as coming soon on their even website
  4. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

Yeah...

I have been a supporter of these guys for a while....

Used allot of their products with my Blackberry days... and was looking forward to both a desk dock and a car dock....

Now.... I have to look elsewhere...

Not sure I will go back nor recommend them out again...

Lego!
  5. DustinF00

DustinF00 Well-Known Member

Wheres the SEIDIO Rep ??
  6. sjones765

sjones765 Well-Known Member

This is starting to be enough to get me to use the Droid X. Being able to get the accessories from the get go. The car dock and desktop were a priority when I bought the phone. Guess my son gets a good present
  7. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

So what? Just go on eBay and look for Incredible 1500mAh battery and you will find auctions for 2x 1500mAh batteries and a desktop charger (which is nicer than I expected) for $12 shipped. That's probably a lot cheaper than Seido's charger alone :)

The batteries are actually 1100mAh, but you get about the same life as the stock battery.
  8. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

i would be cautious to believe anything until then take it off their site or we here from their rep about this. Too many people spouting false info on the forums lately just to try and start a mess.

They still make the best cases and holsters hands down and i would still always turn to them first for them.
  9. jeff327

The big deal is this is not a landscape dock and you will have to remove your case everytime you want to use it.
  10. jeff327

It is off their site. Trust me I did not make this up. Maybe you should have checked their site before commenting.
  11. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Ooh, this is a desktop charger that you set your phone in? Gotchya.. Simple misunderstanding..

In that case, I would recommend getting creative and making one :D They're not that hard and that way it's unique to you and your desires. When the phone first came out, people were making them out of everything; tissue boxes, legos, even coat hangers, lol.. The business card holder seemed to be the most popular though.
  12. gadzooks64

gadzooks64 Well-Known Member

I picked up a set of these batteries and the charger but I still like the idea of a desktop dock. I'm very bummed that Seidio has taken this item off their webpage. A small part of me hopes that they are just getting ready to put up the actual item but I suspect it just isn't going to happen. :(
  13. fran1r

fran1r Well-Known Member

Confirmed. Here's the (shortened) contents of the chat:

Namita: Hello! Thank you for contacting Seidio Online! How can I help you today?
    Me: Are you still planning on coming out with a cradle for the Incredible?
    Namita: At this time we are not planning on producing a cradle for the Incredible.
    Me: Wow. I am very disappointed. I bought one of your cases due to the compatibility and the fact that you showed it coming soon on your site. Please let your management know that there is at least one (but I suppose, many) disgruntled customer.
    Namita: I will pass along your feedback.

Then she asked me where I bought the case and suggested that I still had time to return it!
  14. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

seidio has done this before. advertised products for months only to pull it off the website and ignore any topics about said products on the forums they frequent. they did the same thing with the slim extended battery for the moto droid...

sucks if they do the same thing here since i was looking forward to the dock.
  15. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Another reason Seidio sucks.
  16. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

If true, I had plans on purchasing 2 cases from them. Won't be ordering and will never do business with them.
  17. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Hmm I wonder if the Seidio Rep around here will comment.....
  18. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

Just canceled my battery and case order-
  19. dspcap

dspcap Well-Known Member

We've been crapping on Seidio for weeks on the incredible forums, I am not surprised.

I have a friend with a palm pre and seidio is taking heat on those forums also.
  20. gqchynaboy

gqchynaboy Active Member

I too will not be supporting Seidio; in addition, I will let my friends and family know.
  21. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why this amazing phone is shown so little support in terms of accessories. Is anyone, including HTC going to produce even the most basic stuff for this phone or what?
  22. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Someone will if it's economically feasible. The problem is that there are just so many phones out there with new ones coming out every other month it seems. So how can a manufacturer know what to do?

Yesterday in the NY Times tech section there was a huge article by Pogue about the X. Bottom line, great phone but a brick to carry around. So what does a company do? Incredible dock, or will it go the way of the Eris and in 6 months be EOL? Design for the X, the iPhone, Evo? It's almost at a point to design your own or modify something that already exists.
  23. jeff327

I do not disagree with what you are saying. But the issue is Seidio has been advertising these accessories as coming soon for months. Saying how they will work with your Seidio case. If you go on their website today the Incredible cases still advertise they will work with the car dock and charges. They should not have mislead people for months and in some cases conned people into buying their cases.
  24. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Good point, I didn't know that. I don't have any Seido anything so I never visit the website.
  25. dspcap

dspcap Well-Known Member

I agree, I have seen several posts where people are buying the cases because they want it to work with their desktop charger.

For the past year, I have avoided purchasing Siedio because their Innocase II scratched up my Blackberry... I did recently purchase the active, which is a nice case. After this and the battery issues, I don't see myself supporting this company with anymore purchases.