Select all email/psat email and mark as read...General

Last Updated:

1. lazyperson17

lazyperson17 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I am a converted BB user. One of the features i cant seem to find that i liked on the BB is the select all/previous and mark as read function. I have tried pressing keys on the keyboard (if only there was a ctrl+A function) and looking under every menu i can find. Does anyone have any idea as to how i could do this?

Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

if you hold the selected email, it will bring up the options there. I dont know if you can select multiple ones for mark as read option

3. lazyperson17

Ya, I have tried to hold multiple buttons at the same time. I just want to be able to select everything and mark it as read.

Thanks Tho! :D

4. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

dont wanna do one by one?)

5. JMF_Droid

JMF_Droid Well-Known Member

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Once you are used to a Blackberry it's hard to leave one, that's why I went back to my Tour from the Eris. The Eris has great features but the battery is horrible & I can't seem to mark prior read on emails or texts.

6. lazyperson17

With regards to the battery, i was having the same issue, until i downloaded Advanced Task Killer Free. I now open it after im done using it, kill all open apps then sleep. I don't have to charge it all day unless i use it A LOT. Remember, when you open an app, it will keep it running in the background until it is closed completely either by exiting the program or killing it via the program list. ;)

7. JMF_Droid

^Yeah I never tried that app before switching back to my Tour. How long does the battery usually last once installing that app? B/c I was getting 6-8 hours w/ little to NO use. My Blackberry can last a day or two w/ heavy use after one charge.

8. lazyperson17

Well, i couldn't really tell you exactly. I know that i do have a battery monitoring program. Before i used it, it would only last about 6 hours. Now i only charge it at night. The batter app tells me it can go for 2-3 days on standby after i close everything and put it to sleep. But thats just what it tells me. I'm still trying to acquire the validity of its numbers.

9. JMF_Droid

Hmm, that's good to know. I may give my Eris another shot w/ those 2 apps installed. What's the name of the Battery one?! I'll see if I like the battery life then.

Of course, there still is the ALL TOUCH that sometimes becomes annoying to me when I am in the mood to type a lot & fast, lol.

10. lazyperson17

It is called Battery Snap. And yes, i have found the same issue with the typing. But, we have to remember, that with every device on the planet, we will never find one that suites every need/want. There will always be kinks and issues. If there was, we wouldnt have options :D

11. JMF_Droid

^Alright cool, I may check it out before deciding to give up on my Eris. And yes if there was a phone the fit everyone's needs/wants then there wouldn't be decisions or ppl buying multiple phones in a year, so phone companies wouldn't rack in the moolah as quickly! haha

12. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

What is "ALL TOUCH"?

Here's a tip which you might find useful - a number of users (me too) report much faster typing if they turn off haptic feedback. I'm not sure why this is the case - maybe that little "buzz" has a fixed duration, and the Eris won't accept keystrokes faster than the rate at which successive (haptic feedback) buzz's occur.

Settings -> Locale & text -> Touch Input -> Text input -> Vibrate when typing (unchecked)

HTH

eu1

13. lazyperson17

So... Back to the original question... Is there any way to select all/select past emails and mark them as read on the HTC Droid?

Thanks,

Lazy

14. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Not with the included mail program, no.

K9 might, but I never had it on my phone long enough to find out.

15. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Killing tasks isn't going to show you a dramatic effect on battery life. Memory / performance, yes, but once the apps are idle, they don't use much power.

In your case, I'd think that one of your apps was keeping the phone working or preventing it from sleeping until you forced closed it.

Remember these apps are not tested....except by us!!

16. lazyperson17

Yep, Thats why i suggest killing all of them until someone figures out which one it is :D

17. swomack

swomack New Member

k9 has the option but as of late it appears to not be updating the server and the email is coming back into your inbox as being unread.