• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Selecting an image for a background

Buck Shot

Jan 13, 2010
Jersey Shore
so I snatch this pic from the web and want to use it as a background. But since its a rather close up shot, when applying to wallpaper we are forced with this crop thingy. Its sucks cause it will not let me select the entire picture which results in a zoomed in image on the background instead of a zoomed out entire pic.

Is there a way around this? I tried making the pic smaller but when it hits the N1 the cropping portion is the same.

960x800 is the magic resolution you want.

thanks, now if i can just figure this out. Everytime I try to do this it automatically changes the other side to over 1000 when I enter the 960

have you tried looking for the image you want on mabilo ?

ya, i just did, but I highly doubt this pic is on there at all

Upvote 0
thanks, now if i can just figure this out. Everytime I try to do this it automatically changes the other side to over 1000 when I enter the 960

Sounds like whatever your using to adjust the size is trying to keep the proportions right. Your going to have to either do a little cropping so that you can more or less fit it into the right dimensions, or paste the image into a document of the right size, and then shrink it so that it fits within the boundaries (resulting in the zoomed out picture).

I hope this is clearer than I think it is.

Upvote 0

Download IrfanView
Open Pic
Image>resize/resample
Uncheck "preserve aspect ratio"
Set to 960x800
Save as .jpg and you're good to go

Reactions: AnotherFatalEpic
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones