• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Selecting Text

So I got an email from Verizon about my multimedia dock order. It has the FedEx tracking number, and a link to FedEx's website. I've figured out how to copy the tracking number (flip out the keyboard, hold shift, run finger across text). But once I've copied the text to the clipboard, I can't figure out how to paste it in the tracking number field on FedEx's website.

Anybody got tips? I miss the ease of C&P on my BlackBerry in a huge way right now.

Use menu+e. Then highlight the text with your finger (turns pink) and it automatically copies it to the clipboard. Then paste it.

On a side note while trying to confirm this, I found out you can find other keyboard shortcuts. Press the menu button once, then press and hold it again. The bottom text will change back and forth to the keyboard shortcuts.

Upvote 0
Use menu+e. Then highlight the text with your finger (turns pink) and it automatically copies it to the clipboard. Then paste it.

On a side note while trying to confirm this, I found out you can find other keyboard shortcuts. Press the menu button once, then press and hold it again. The bottom text will change back and forth to the keyboard shortcuts.

Try menu + e when you're reading an email in gmail... brace yourself for fishing the email out of non-inbox hell. It's truly bizarre.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones