Selecting Wallpapers forces me to crop them

Last Updated:

1. Meus Android

Meus Android Member This Topic's Starter

I've downloaded images I'd like to use as wallpapers - they, when viewed in Album mode, take up the screen size perfectly in terms of size and ratio. They were purpose-sized for the Hero's screen. However, when selecting it in Wallpaper it forces me to crop them. Even when I stretch out the highlighted green box (crop tool) it will only allow half of the image to be highlighted. I've tried images of similar size and it's still the same.

When I use this image for example, with the crop tool forcing me to cut it, when set as a wallpaper the image is extremely zoomed in as the Hero tries to fit the small image into the screen. Which is odd as it cropped it unnecessarily beforehand.

http://i47.tinypic.com/5eh1za.jpg

Advertisement
  2. Meus Android

Nevermind, I worked it out

3. keenan6

keenan6 Well-Known Member

how?

4. Meus Android

I just kept trying 640 x 480 (height) images and although not all worked, some of them did.

5. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

check out the wallpaper plus app, lets you set wallpapers of any size or shape. Not sure if that's really worth $2 to you or not but there you go :D

6. itpromike

itpromike Well-Known Member

Wow, they should fix this... Not sure if it's an HTC or an Android issue but you should not have to buy a separate to set wallpapers properly.

7. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

You dont have to buy an app, the phone does a perfectly good job by itself, but if you want them to fit perfectly without cropping you have to make sure theyre the exactly correct aspect ratio (e.g. 640x480, 1024x768, 1600x1200). Not exactly an uncommon screen size.

What wallpaper plus basically does is let you put wallpapers on with incorrect aspect ratios, so you can have very wide or narrow images - the effect of this is that the scroll ratio of the background to the foreground changes when moving between home screens, you can get it so that its exactly a 1:1 ratio if you want. The app also lets you stitch together multiple 320x480 images so that you have one image per screen.

8. Erasmus

Erasmus New Member

- nada -

9. Gui

Gui Member

or just use Zedge app!

10. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Can't you just maximise the crop box?

11. mez

mez Well-Known Member

Just checking but that image is the wrong ratio. When I'm looking for wallpapers I use Google image search

Search term imagesize:640x480

Or what ever other size I want. Its limited but stops distortion