1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Self signed email server certificates

Last Updated:

1. bytesniper

bytesniper New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, first of all I got my G1 about 2 hours ago and it's absolutely the coolest thing I've ever used... as soon as it gets an exchange connector it will be perfect (for work).

Anyway, to the point, I have a couple of email servers that I run with self-signed certificates over secure imap (port 993) and smtps. It allows me to choose secure imap but apparently does not appreciate the certificate i created since it comes back and tells me its invalid (because of the unrecognized certificate authority). I haven't dug down into it much yet (hoping somebody might already know the answer) but there has to be a way to tell it to accept the certificate anyway (just like any other email client on the planet including windows mobile).

So, if anyone out there might know, I'd appreciate a push in the right direction.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. simmcrd

simmcrd Active Member

Oops, I never would have started another thread yesterday if I saw yours. Anyway, we now have another thread up on this subject. Several good suggestions, but nothing works yet.

3. sjandroid

sjandroid New Member