Sell Droid X or Keep?

Last Updated:

1. dfine06

dfine06 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 21, 2009
    Sooo. i wanted ask my fellow rooted droiders as opposed to stock droid and droid x owners. i have the chance to pick one up at my local store for the full price which i know is expensive about $600 or more even. but my whole thing about getting one is really just to get it and sell it on ebay for more because i know they will be backordered and sold out. look at the incredible and the X is better so. What i want to know is what do you all think? Would i make money for selling it for more on ebay when its backordered or sold out?

Or should i keep it and sell my droid. because i know thats how im gunna feel if i get im gunna want it.

2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Nov 27, 2009
    I dont think you will make much if anything by buying it and turning around and selling it right away.

If you are happy with the droid then I wouldnt sell it for the X either. I dont think you would get more than half the cost of the X for selling the droid. Later this year there will be 4g phones and motorola is supposedly making a 2ghz superphone.

If I was buying new right now I would buy the X but since I have the droid I am waiting for something 4g
  3. Da Teej Masta

Da Teej Masta Member

May 28, 2010
    I don't think you will get much for it. Most people will be willing to wait rather than pay extra money for the phone. Not sure if there will be the same shortages as the Incredible, but, there's always someone who just can't wait and would pay 200 bucks extra so they don't have to wait.

I agree with OMJ, there are a few devices that are on the horizon that will be woth the wait. No need to extend my contract when I'll likely want to get my hands on a 4g device next year. I'm very happy with my Droid. :)
  4. vladdrac138

vladdrac138 Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Dont buy one full price little brother. Droid x will not be back ordered. The only reason the incredible is fuked is because the company who makes the screens couldnt keep up with the orders. On launch day of droid, we sold an assload and at the end of the day we had an assload to spare. Motorola doesnt fuk around. Dont worry, lol, there will be plenty. Not to sound like a jerk, but dude you should learn to do a little more homework before spending six hundo on a blind assumption. Cheers.
  5. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    From what I've heard (I have a friend who is within the corporate ranks in Verizon) there is very little to no chance of the Droid X being on back order. They have MANY and getting more when supplies dwindle will not be a problem with a Motorola device, as opposed to the issues HTC has had with the Incredible. Just look at the original Droid. It was a huge seller on day one, but supplies never took a hit and Verizon/Motorola were always able to keep up with demand. Sounds like you're just trying to rip people off by making them over-pay for a phone.
  6. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010

I could not have said it better myself :)