Sell me on the Hero!

Last Updated:

1. sarspants

sarspants Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm on the fence between the Hero and the Moment. I haven't had the opportunity to actually use a Moment (God forbid you get to actually try a phone before you use it), but as of right now I am completely on the fence. I asked a guy at a Sprint store and a guy at Best Buy which was better and they both said the Hero without hesitation. Please sell me on the Hero! Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. koolhand79

koolhand79 Well-Known Member

LOL. No one can tell u which phone is better. U need to decide which features are most important to YOU. Do u need a physical keyboard or are u more of a soft keyboard person? That there is probably the biggest thing. Other than that there really arent many advantages between them. The hero comes with some nice HTC widgets(twitter, weather, clocks, people, calendar, etc). But u can mod the Moment to do a few of the same things.

3. sarspants

sarspants Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The keyboard isn't much of an issue. While having a hardware keyboard would be nice, I wouldn't mind either way. I just want to know why those guys were so quick to say the Hero was better

4. satinkzo

satinkzo Well-Known Member

I'm not going to spend time trying to sell you on anything, you just need to figure out what is important to you

My checklist for you would be:

Need a physical keyboard then get the Moment
    Location services that work reliably then get the Hero
    Android 2.0 guarantee? Right now, that's only the Hero
    Need a flash on the camera (if the camera is even imporatnt), then Moment

You should also familiarize yourself with each units quirks

Hero: SMS, bluetooth bug
    Moment: Battery guage and Location services

5. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member

Faster processor with minimal lag if any get the moment
    amazing screen with each pixel producing it's own light...get the moment

I see a trend here

6. ChrisPlague

ChrisPlague Well-Known Member

youre just going to get biased opinions just go in play with both and weigh out which pros and cons are most important to you...

but i personally dont like samsung phones...

7. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member

I exchanged my Hero today, for another Hero. Mine, inexplicably developed a crack in the chrome style trim near the charging port. I took it in to BB and had a look at the Moment before deciding to just exchange for another Hero.
    It's really about personal preference, but I like the look and feel of the Hero better. I also have no big desire for a hard key board (I've had a touch screen only keyboard for over two years now and I'm quite used to it). Sure I wouldn't mind a faster processor. But I don't really feel that it needs it (maybe when we get the 2.0 upgrade I'll feel differently?).
    Also I've been happy with my previous HTC phone and figured I'd stay with them versus going to Samsung.

Good Luck

8. satinkzo

satinkzo Well-Known Member

All I will say is having owned a moment and a hero, the processor claim is VERY overrated. yes, the screen is great on the moment, but it's not like the Hero is a little 4 bit display either.

9. Negrito

Negrito Well-Known Member

How about you sell yourself. Google the phone and do some research. Quit being lazy. Cause if i "sell" you on the Hero and then you hate it, then what? EXACTLY....:rolleyes: