Sell my Esteem rooted or not?

Last Updated: 2013-01-12 16:04:17
  1. daydreamingby

daydreamingby Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm selling my Esteem on stock, but I was wondering if it would've been better to do it rooted and with a recovery:

[​IMG]http://www.ebay.com/itm/261154107470?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Do you think asking a little more for rooting/recovery-ing it would be douchebaggy?

The time to do it, and all the bandwidth used on the material downloaded, and the work itself is a little bit of work, but I would've felt like a complete douche if I asked more money for that, so I didn't.

Most used Esteems on ebay actually sell more expensive, and don't include the addons I included, so I thought that was fair.

What do you think?

Advertisement
  2. Killah1994

Killah1994 Well-Known Member

Bob Cat and gbiggie like this.
  3. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

Your listing seems fine in my opinion. You were very detailed and posted many pics. I think selling it stock is the way to go. Most buyers do not want to buy a modded phone, they just want to start fresh. :thumb:

The For Advanced users section can be controversial. On the one hand your being honest letting buyers know the phone was previously modded, but on the other hand this can turn buyers off and limit your pool of buyers. Either way, I'm sure you'll sell it. Seems like a deal to me. ;)
  4. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!! Moderator

When posting it in the Classified section please read the guidelines for posting there. If help is needed let me know. My door is always open and I'm glad to help. ;)

Thanks,

BC
    gbiggie likes this.
  5. sk8rgeek

sk8rgeek Well-Known Member

Have to agree with GT. Even though it seems like it would be worth more to have more options, people will really only pay half the usual price for any mods to a phone. Its considered "personal mods".

Hope it gets a good home :)
    GameTheory likes this.
  6. D0VeR

D0VeR Well-Known Member

He said douchebaggy lol
  7. daydreamingby

daydreamingby Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input guys, I'll have to consider this in the future.