Selling Droid to buy the Droid X full retail.. need advice

Last Updated:

1. Droid2001

Droid2001 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I plan to ebay or craigslist my droid. Its actually brand new in a box because I got a new one due to my last one being defected. How much can I expect for it and how do I go about it? Id like to sell it now and just use a temp phone.. so whats the logistics of this? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. MaxxVE

MaxxVE Well-Known Member

I did the exact same thing. Go to eBay and search the completed listings. That will give you an idea of what it's worth.

Then choose a point on the high side and include a Best offer option.

Good luck!

3. ryanc2

ryanc2 Well-Known Member

Don't forget to account for ebay's ridiculous sellers fees when determining your net. I'd try on craigslist first.

4. MaxxVE

MaxxVE Well-Known Member

Definitely. That's why you price it on the high end. Craigslist buyers are usually looking for items pretty cheap. I don't know what type of users are on eBay but I just sold my Incredible for well over $550.

5. MooN

MooN Well-Known Member

If you purchase a Droid X at full retail, can you also purchase the Asurion insurance for it through Verizon? Do all the same rules apply? Like the year warranty thing?

6. MaxxVE

MaxxVE Well-Known Member

You sure can!

7. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

I would certainly hope so. Haha

8. 09lexus

09lexus Well-Known Member

id put it on ebay, craigslist gets too much spam got to watch for scams..

i put my tour on CraigsList to sell when i got my DINC and i got all sorts of emails saying they want to offer me 100$ more than i wanted and would pay for shipping overseas and they wanted all my info like name and address etc, it was a joke yea right im not that dumb to fall for one of those scams. one of them claimed it was for their son who was ambassodor in africa. so just keep your head on straight when selling it. if its too good to be true then it is. and plus i trust pay pal and ebay more than craigslist

9. 09lexus

09lexus Well-Known Member

yes wether you buy a phone with a contract or full retail you can get insurance you have all the same rules for warranty 1 year to cover parts and labor defects.