Selling EVO 3D. Steps to remove personal info/reset to factory?Support

Last Updated:

1. shiggity

shiggity Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm with Sprint and recently upgraded to an Iphone 5 (don't hate on me please, I still love android :) ). I'm going to sell my HTC EVO 3D on ebay or something but wanted to first make sure I take all the right steps in resetting/erasing the data.

-Other than a factory reset and reformat of the 8gb memory card, what else should I do?

-If I reformat the 8gb mem card, is there a way to get the Green Hornet movie back?

-Bottom line, how do I get the phone back to its original state, mem card and everything?

Thanks for the help guys.

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

A simple Factory reset is good enough, you need not format the SD card, simply transfer your personal info from it to your PC, then delete it from the SD card. ;)

3. shiggity

shiggity Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks DonB. Sound simple enough!

I guess though, once I delete/reformat the 8gb card (after transferring my data), the next user won't have the green hornet movie then right?

4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Correct, if you deleted the movie previously, the next person won't have it since it was stored on the memory card I do believe.

Sent From My Paranoid Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

DonB likes this.
  5. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

You got it, that is why I said to transfer what personal stuff you have and then delete the rest. ;)

marctronixx likes this.