Selling my galaxy. PM me :)General

Last Updated:

1. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so i'm looking to sell my galaxy and buy a behold 2. It seems like it might be alot more fun to try to hack :)

PM me if you're interested. I'll put on whatever custom ROM you want, and add whatever customisations you want on it.

Its in very good condition because it always in the case. But the case itself is begining to unravel (its just rubish and inevitable).

I considered buying both, but at 300 euros for the behold 2, its seems crazy to have two samsung phones!

Advertisement
  2. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

This is sad news because your contributions here have been very valuable.

May I enquire what is the reason for the switch? Are they not essentially the
    same phone?

Also, why not go for a Motorola Droid or a T-Mobile Pulse?

3. kam187

The t-mobile pulse only has 128mb ram, so its not very futureproof, and the droid isnt GSM (i'm in the UK).

Yeah the galaxy and behold are almost identical except the extra RAM on the behold, and no 8gb storage. My main reason for the switch is that I see the security of the behold as a chalenge :)

Most stuff i figure out will be directly applicable to both handsets anyway. However because of the partition stuff it will be more involved to convert instructions for the galaxy to the behold and vice versa.

I kinda wish I could have kept both phones, but it just doesnt make sense to spend another 290 euro's on a behold 2

4. tisti

tisti Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you're going to import it? Hope all goes well.

I was strongly considering the same thing myself... Until I saw that the only difference is the storage and RAM difference.

Meh. :p If it had a QWERTZ i'd be all over that sucker.

5. kam187

if it were going to cost me extra money i wouldnt bother. For me it just feels like a straight swap 8gb vs an extra 128mb memory. But the challenge of rooting and customizing it on top :)

6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

see if people can donate instead?

we need your input for galaxy as you are a legend lol
    id put

7. kam187

You think? I don't think there's enough users interested to do the donation thing.

It would be sweet to have both tho, I could port the best of each rom onto the other.

8. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

I am in for the donation! Also, I am in the Usa, let me know if you need help getting the Behold 2.

9. kam187

Cool, can you check locally how much you can find one for? It needs to be unlocked :) I'll consider the donation thing depending on the price!

10. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

Kam, I checked on e-bay, lowest you can find now is about $400- 450...
    Keep in mind it just came out, so it's the first week people are selling it on e-bay.... I am looking for myself as well.
    These phones are not unlocked, but if you have a t-mobile account in the usa they should give you the unlock code for free once you provide them with the IMEI number...

11. pegasus21

pegasus21 Well-Known Member

This is finally happening. We will miss you. ;)

Though if I were to get another phone, it wouldn't be a Samsung... once bitten, twice shy but if you like it then good for you.

Good luck with the behold hacking. The behold users will love you lol

12. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

I didn't expect anyone that knows how samsung treats their customers to consider another samsung phone.
    personally, i won't consider even another android phone because google is as well responsible for this ******** way of updating linux.

13. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

Pegasus:
    whatever kam will work on for the Behold will also work on the Galaxy.
    That means you might be able to use the good features of the Behold (Camera interface, music player, etc)on your galaxy.

Andronix:
    Android 2.0 came out 2 weeks ago in exclusive for the Droid.
    Google released it 2 weeks ago as well.
    If you have some patience, your phone will be updated in a month, max 2.

14. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

lol don't count on it. I'm fairly confident that we'll get the 2.0 update for the Galaxy but I'd say it won't be for a few months yet.

15. kam187

ok so i've decided against the donation route. Im looking to sell my galaxy if anyone knows someone interested. I'll be buying a behold in the next week or so as soon as i find one cheap :)

16. pegasus21

I know it should probably work but I'm not holding my breath for it since the more you expect, the greater your disappointment.

Besides, I've given up on Samsung and it's Android endeavour. If according to the rumours... they are making their own os... there's not much to expect regarding android.

Look at NPS. It's support for android is laughable. Compare that to HTC's Sync and HTC is way better. Of cause the 3rd party support from users on xda-developers is a major plus. Samsung didn't sell the galaxy in most countries and they are now moving to other models already so don't expect the user base to increase.

17. kam187

That's true, but there are several big operators behind it. So i'm sure it'll be updated to at least 2.0. There's a huge userbase in germany, and quite a few users in france and uk too.

The behold will get alot of focus because its probably the best android device on t-mobile at the moment.

That all said, the hardware has already moved on. New devices are using cortex based processors with much better 3D acceleration. For most of us that doesnt matter that much tho.

18. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Bugger.... I would have donated too.
    If we could have got 20 ish of us galaxy owners, it would only be around $25 each (

19. Rastaman-FB

20. z0mbi3

z0mbi3 Well-Known Member

I would like to donate 10p. This is 100 times the value of the i7500 so I consider it generous.

Kam, why don't you get an n900 and be done with it, seems to me that all these gambles on new andorid devices just aren't paying off :(

21. Rastaman-FB

who says an n900 will be any good?
    support for maemo isnt that strong, its a bulky device and i question nokia's build quality

next phone im getting will be an android. it will not be a samsung one tho although the galaxy is probably the easiest to root with custom recoveries

22. z0mbi3

z0mbi3 Well-Known Member

They keyboard and the youtube video of Mario being played is enough for a sale for me :D

Either way, Samsung really dropped the ball.

23. matrix200

matrix200 Member

Hi, I have been lurking on the forums for the last few days researching the Samsung and I still think this could be a good device.
    So sent you a pm with an offer :)

24. pegasus21

Well the device itself is not bad. So if you aren't thinking of software updates, it's not a bad buy.

25. matrix200

matrix200 Member

I do want the Galaxo ROM on it cause I want tethering and I like the UI better.
    But except for that I think I don't really care for 1.6 that much.