• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shorte85

Android Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2010
Michigan, USA
My husband got to playing around with my phone, and he likes the phone but basically likes the fact that he would be able to play with the games and etc the most. However, my question is this. If I were to buy a droid incredible off of ebay, does anyone know of someone who is "trust worthy" to buy a working phone and with a good esn? The reason I'm asking is because right now the hubby and I are unable to afford the "full retail" price of a droid incredible and then on top of that he is not able to update his phone because he doesn't qualify for it. So I guess the ebay or any other way would probably be our best shot as long as I am thinking correctly on being able to do it that way and it wouldn't cost extra and etc.

Anyone have any input on this situation?

I know you mention he doesn't have an upgrade, but do you? Maybe not but if you do they can transfer it to your phone. I got an incredible for my son yesterday from Best Buy for free. He did have an upgrade but maybe they can work something out you depending how far away the upgrade is and if you maybe buy an accessory.

Upvote 0
I did the Craigslist meet at Verizon store deal - works really well. People are really starting to dump their Inc. on CL lately you can probably find a good deal.

I have found Best Buy to be very understanding with upgrades. I received a text last year before the D1 was released stating I qualified for a early upgrade (I was about 9 months into my 2 year contract). When I got to BB of course their system did not show me as being eligible - they called Verizon and they were only going to offer me a small discount. Best Buy took my word for it and said they would work it out with Verizon later and I got the D1 at the lowest price. I was quite impressed and took the lame $7.99 a month protection plan for a couple months.

Upvote 0
Hm, I'll definitely have to look into those suggestions. Thanks everyone!

Also, I don't have an upgrade. I ended up using his dad's upgrade in order to get my incredible, but he still has til towards the end of next year. lol I'm sure he can wait though. He's just been swiping my phone to play games on it is pretty much all he likes doing on it. Which I have no problem letting him play games on my phone, I mean he is my husband and all. HA

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones