!!SEMC Error!!Support

Last Updated:

1. Masouma

Masouma Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I've bought Xperia X10i 3 days ago and wanted to update it using SEUS, but every time I try to connect my phone to PC - following SEUS ins - my PC freezes and doesn't respond unless I restart it :confused:.
    I've googled this issue and tried a range of suggested solutions like:

• uninstalling and reinstalling SEUS and PCC
    • using Omnius
    • manually installing SE usb flash
    • Removing all the above and their traces and installing them again
    well, I can't remember everything bcoz I've tried thousands to get it work in the past 3 days, nothing worked. Every time the message notifying SEMC being installed or found appears, everything freezes and I have to reboot.
    BTW I'm no tech girl so I would really appreciate any help in plain English LOL :eek:
    and the sooner the better, I'm desperate to fix this error so I could wipe the smirk off those jerk Iphoners' and BBers' faces!!
    TY

Advertisement
  2. scorpion100

scorpion100 Well-Known Member

can you access the settings menu on your fone,if so try doing a factory reset from the sd card and phone settings menu and try again.make sure to backup on ur sd card ur files if needed ...worth a try

3. Masouma

just tried that a few minutes ago, didn't work and I had to reboot
    but thanks aw :)

4. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

Thought, Remove the MicroSD card, reset your phone to factory setting (Make sure your backed up first as this will erase your phone) and give it a spin.

I'm not in Europe so I have the X10a and the software we use is called, Sony PC Companion. Is that what your using as well?

Standing By for you!

5. Masouma

never tried without the MicroSD, I'll give it a go and c what happens :)

I'm in ME KSA, and I've tried with both PC Companion and Update Service but didn't work.
    does localisation matters? I've chosen UK English, would it make any difference if I changed it to US?

update: tried without the card , still the same error occurred

6. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Might sound a bit left field but can you have a go on a friends computer? I had problems with my netbook and then ran the update from my son's PC and it went through fine.

Fuzzy_Logic_ and Masouma like this.
  7. Masouma

It worked fine on my sister's laptop!! I don't know why but it seems this process doesn't work on my PC which is XP pro SP3 and hers windows 7
    does this only happen when updating? or even when I add Apps to xperia? (didn't add any yet)

Fuzzy_Logic_ likes this.
  8. rosered

Not had any problem with transferring apps from PC to phone on my net book using the File Manager part of PC Companion or bluetooth file transfer. Its just it wouldn't let the update run. My netbook is XP Home Edition and the PC is Vista so goodness knows where the problem lies. I'm glad you got it sorted tho!

9. Masouma

yeah, thanks to u :) , never thought that XP would have been the problem, it's usually 7 which freezes, crashes, and goes loony with every bit of any new installation . Well, it looks this time 7 is the one performing miracles LOL

10. Fuzzy_Logic_

Fuzzy_Logic_ New Member

Yay, Thanks to this thread have finally updated X10 mini after 2 days!!!

I've used my wifes laptop running Windows XP SP2

My laptop running Windows XP SP3 hanged

11. rosered

Welcome to the forum and well done you on finding the solution to your problem. It's a strange one and I think some people think I'm slightly mad when I suggest it but it does work.

If you have any more questions you know where to look and if you can't find it, just ask and we will see what we can do.