• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help !!SEMC Error!!

Masouma

Sep 11, 2010
KSA
Hi,

I've bought Xperia X10i 3 days ago and wanted to update it using SEUS, but every time I try to connect my phone to PC - following SEUS ins - my PC freezes and doesn't respond unless I restart it :thinking:.
I've googled this issue and tried a range of suggested solutions like:

• uninstalling and reinstalling SEUS and PCC
  • using Omnius
  • manually installing SE usb flash
  • Removing all the above and their traces and installing them again
well, I can't remember everything bcoz I've tried thousands to get it work in the past 3 days, nothing worked. Every time the message notifying SEMC being installed or found appears, everything freezes and I have to reboot.
BTW I'm no tech girl so I would really appreciate any help in plain English LOL :eek:
and the sooner the better, I'm desperate to fix this error so I could wipe the smirk off those jerk Iphoners' and BBers' faces!!
TY

never tried without the MicroSD, I'll give it a go and c what happens :)

I'm in ME KSA, and I've tried with both PC Companion and Update Service but didn't work.
does localisation matters? I've chosen UK English, would it make any difference if I changed it to US?

update: tried without the card , still the same error occurred

Upvote 0
Not had any problem with transferring apps from PC to phone on my net book using the File Manager part of PC Companion or bluetooth file transfer. Its just it wouldn't let the update run. My netbook is XP Home Edition and the PC is Vista so goodness knows where the problem lies. I'm glad you got it sorted tho!

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum and well done you on finding the solution to your problem. It's a strange one and I think some people think I'm slightly mad when I suggest it but it does work.

If you have any more questions you know where to look and if you can't find it, just ask and we will see what we can do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones